Do we have free will?

Should incels be treated humanely?

• incels should have a right to commit suicide or go ER

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Incels should have no more rights than attractive/normal people

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Incels are scum. they should be gathered in places called 'concentration camps' with special punishm

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

PucciBoi

Subhuman
Most people here think incels are a subhuman and humans are normal/attractive and of course, redpill/bluepill ideas.

Do people really have free will or does it depend on your L?

SINGULARITY

Gigachad
Westphag said:
It depends on your L tbh.

7+ have a free will and are not part of the causal determination chai. They live in the quantum unicerse with own physical laws that Gandy sets. 

Ama
feelsgoodmane.jpg

Yogapants

Coper
Everything you do is controlled by your environment and your genes, so I'd say no we don't really have free will

lanklet

Coper
I think that the conscious mind is mostly just an observational phenomenon, so it follows that I don't think we have 'free will' in the way that people generally think of the concept.  Our minds generally just run off on their own, operating based on whatever neurons are firing in the brain.  We don't have control over any of that.

Metacognition might actually be the 'soul' observing the workings of the mind.  I have no idea if souls actually exist, but it's a possibility.  Anyways, if I take that line of reasoning further, then our choices in the world aren't actually our own (when I say 'our own' I'm referring to our souls'), but what we can do is observe the choices that our minds take in regards to daily life.

tl;dr - Free will doesn't neccessarily exist, but self-awareness is possible

lanklet

Coper
PucciBoi said:
You believe in the metaphysical, @lanklet?
I have no idea what I believe in.  Every day I spout different types of bullshit, my mind just makes up things all of the time.

Some days I'm a materialist, some days I'm spiritual, most days I'm somewhere in the middle.  The only thing that I hope stays consistent over time is my inability to form any actual beliefs, because that would just be stagnant and boring.

Copenhagen

Slayer
The only philosophy that matters is where you're getting your next meal from.

Take away Chipotle and Wendy's and most people would be left scratching their heads since they spent their whole lives worrying about other shit.

Reciting Hegelian text when people are scrambling for food and willing to blow your head off to get a 2 year old can of Campbell's is fucking stupid.

PucciBoi

Subhuman
BetaEurasianCuckold said:

Take away Chipotle and Wendy's and most people would be left scratching their heads since they spent their whole lives worrying about other shit.

Reciting Hegelian text when people are scrambling for food and willing to blow your head off to get a 2 year old can of Campbell's is fucking stupid.
No afterlife?

Copenhagen

Slayer
PucciBoi said:

No afterlife?

I don't know, but that's the type of thing that you just just prepare for anyways. Just areligiously, don't be a douchebag I guess.

SINGULARITY

Gigachad
Just lol at analyzing your face when middle eastern children are getting blown up

PucciBoi

Subhuman
Harakiri said:
Just lol at analyzing your face when middle eastern children are getting blown up
I know about them, and even there the uglier children are treated worse by their family, friends or abusers.

Demgainz

Normie

Legit. The only worry of humans were getting the food and running away from predators. Its when environment became too safe and humans started farming (plenty of food), people invented things like philosophy, music, art and other coping/delusional shit.

Anakind

King of Chads
Of course free will does NOT exist. But it doesn't matter for our lives. Philosophy is just mental masturbation for incels. Do you think the chads who fuck bombshells regularly have any fucking idea who Nietzsche or Schopenhauer were?   :lol:

Bojack

Lookism God
Of course we have free will, I can put a bullet in your head but then the cops would find me at put in jail. You have the free will to do anything you want, you just better be prepared to pay the consequences buddy boyo. All that matters is doing whatever you want to do, but there will always be a reaction or consequence.

D.R.

Banned
Bojack said:
Of course we have free will, I can put a bullet in your head but then the cops would find me at put in jail.
You can't unless you have no empathy for me, you not having enough empathy for me would be a trait out of your control, so it's not really free will. Can you stop feeling like unempathetically shooting people? That's the question, I doubt you can choose what emotions to have.

allindaeyes

Banned
somewhat, and yes. Though some things are definitely fated, destined. The person still has to snatch the opportunity though, like i think Caesar was fated to be a great leader but he had to snatch the opportunities.