• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

Do good looking people ever get depressed

Is it possible to be sad when you look like this

Viral

Regular
no because of validation + good social support.

ItWontBeMe

Machine
lolatmylife said:
no depression literally just means sub 6

@"IntenseSuffering" 's theory (although, sub 7 according to him)

The way I see it is, depression/mental problems/cognitive deficiencies (with few exceptions, like that severely autistic MM lookalike that gets posted here sometimes) when you're a 6.5/10+ is just theatrics

UglyNormalFag

serial dog molester
Yes... what kind of dumb question is this

B R A I N   C H E M I S T R Y 
R
A
I
N

C

E
M
I
S
T
R
Y

asiancel

Champion
yeah there were a few models who offed themselves. one that i remember was this russian or ukrainian girl who offed herself after joining some cult

Magnus

Champion
This is like a bunch of starving children in Africa wondering "Do well fed children in 1st world countries ever get depressed?" 

Of course they do. Happiness is relative. You get adjusted to everything. Money is no big deal to the rich, getting laid & validation is no big deal to the good looking. Both only matter if you don't have them. When you do, you'll just take it for granted and move on like with everything else. Look at celebrities, highest LMS in the world. Yet even they get depressed, addicted to drugs & even kill themselves.   

Only incels think that getting laid solves all life's problems.   :rolleyes:

lolatmylife

Regular
Magnus said:
This is like a bunch of starving children in Africa wondering "Do well fed children in 1st world countries ever get depressed?" 

Of course they do. Happiness is relative. You get adjusted to everything. Money is no big deal to the rich, getting laid & validation is no big deal to the good looking. Both only matter if you don't have them. When you do, you'll just take it for granted and move on like with everything else. Look at celebrities, highest LMS in the world. Yet even they get depressed, addicted to drugs & even kill themselves.   

Examples of what gets them depressed?

Gucci_Gang

Banned
Magnus said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flesh

Rotter
UglyNormalFag said:
Yes... what kind of dumb question is this

B R A I N   C H E M I S T R Y 
R
A
I
N

C

E
M
I
S
T
R
Y
Redpill: Chad's superior genetics INCLUDE his brain chemistry. Just as attractive faces are indicative of things like immune system strength, they also indicate good brain chemistry/overall happiness levels. Chads are literally just higher quality beings in every single way than incels. 

It can't even be fixed or temporarily removed with drugs - while both an incel and Chad would enjoy the dopamine rush of mainlining heroin, Chad's brain even has a higher CAPACITY for pleasure than that of an incel. Chad will enjoy the experience 10x more. 

Not only are people of high genetic quality more happy in day to day life, their peak happiness moments are much more pleasurable than those of average or below average people. It is INSANE how much better life is in every single way for GL people.

ItWontBeMe said:
lolatmylife said:
no depression literally just means sub 6

@"IntenseSuffering" 's theory (although, sub 7 according to him)

The way I see it is, depression/mental problems/cognitive deficiencies (with few exceptions, like that severely autistic MM lookalike that gets posted here sometimes) when you're a 6.5/10+ is just theatrics

:nod2: :clap:

Not sure how anyone could deny that theory. There will be exceptions obviously, but, in 2016, validation for 7+ humans, primes the adult brain to be resistant against everyday stressors and depression. The feeling of belonging, one gets from validation, is extremely healthy. Waking up everyday, seeing your beautiful face in the mirror, and just knowing: that you're worth something in this world; is the best natural antidepressant i can possibly think of.

Your brain will literally remodel around validation induced happiness. That sense of purpose and fulfillment is something that takes some buddhist monks decades of meditation and mindfulness to achieve.

I'm also sick of seeing the hedonic treadmill bluepill cope being shouted around here. Baseline happiness can be modified, this has been studied.

Gucci_Gang said:
Magnus said:

If anyone think having sex is going to solve an issues, they're wrong. It's what YOUR FACE LOOKS LIKE, that will be the major determinant of life quality

THE LAW

Banned
[video=youtube]
good looking, makes huge $$ from youtube, , NT personality

still depressed

cant escape it boyo

lolatmylife

Regular
THE LAW said:
[video=youtube]

still depressed

cant escape it boyo

what a stupid fucking fraud. i want to gut him alive and feed him his intenstines

THE LAW

Banned
lolatmylife said:
THE LAW said:
[video=youtube]

still depressed

cant escape it boyo

what a stupid fucking fraud. i want to gut him alive and feed him his intenstines

darkale11

Joke
Yes it can. It's actually worse when you realize you have lost it. But in the back of your mind you still know you look better than most your age.

lolatmylife said:
THE LAW said:
[video=youtube]

still depressed

cant escape it boyo

I watched this video a few days ago.

After watching it, this guys mannerisms and all...  I can confidently say that he isn't suffering from MDD, he may have a very mild form of depression probably from a lack of validation.

Actually depressed people... don't post videos to youtube in the way he did. You can justy tell this guy is experiencing a bout of sadness, and not actual depression. '

Magnus

Champion
@"IntenseSuffering" 
@"lolatmylife" 

This guy was good looking, rich and famous. Why did he suffer from depression and kill himself? 

lolatmylife

Regular
THE LAW said:
lolatmylife said:

I will do it at gun point. Give me his address.
Edit - im not serious about that if anyone was wondering lol

Gucci_Gang

Banned
People are neglecting Environment Factors and Upbringing, habituated thought processes and instilled beliefs, and just life circumstances.

If you were ugly your whole life, and were always treated like shit, realizing you are seen as worthless and don't have a bright future, how are you going to feel? How are you going to think of yourself???

Vs. Being Good Looking, Popular, Loved, Respected, Appreciated, Plenty of Friends and Hoes both on your dick wanting your attention, having everything in life handed to you, realizing you have a bright future with little effort,how are you going to feel, how are you going to think of yourself??

This is pretty obvious.
It's isn't just a case of "Superior Genetics" as everyone likes to think.

Hfinn

Joke
Like one of the other dudes said, happiness is relative

It's like winning the lotto, sure, you might have the euphoric feeling of happiness at first, but after a period of time, you eventually sink back down to neutrality with everything

It all depends on brain chemistry, some people will simply always be depressed, no matter what they have