Do female animals choose the best looking male to breed with?

Yul Brynner

Slayer
Does the best looking male lion, elephant, gorilla, horse, gazelle get his pick of the best looking female?

Yul Brynner

Slayer
Harakiri said:
why would it be any different fucciboi
Maximus said:
Yes, they put a fake lion with an unnaturally large and dark mane next to two real, alpha lions with alpha natural manes and the female lions straight up ignored the other two and just went for the fake lion. Even though it looked fucking fake as fuck and it didn't even move.
Source?

JBoi

Subhuman
Male lions comes into the scene by killing their competition and then fucking all the high E lionesses. Pretty sure horizontal power and horizontal mane presence plays a major role in this process.

miscburt

Subhuman
Maximus said:
Yul Brynner said:
Not the one I was talking about but this is all I could find.

https://www.cbs.umn.edu/research/labs/lionresearch/research/mane-research

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Our longterm records show that males with shorter manes had often been recently injured or sick, suggesting that mane length indicates current fighting ability. Males with darker manes had higher testosterone levels, were more likely to recover from injury, spent more time resident with prides, and had higher offspring survival. Thus, mane color appears to convey information about male aggressiveness and potential reproductive success.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=small][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The results were startlingly clear: male lions approached shorter and lighter manes, apparently finding them less intimidating. In contrast, females were indifferent to mane length, but they found darker manes much more attractive than blonds.[/font][/font][/size]
That study rather confirms masculinity/low inhibition/high T theory, not looks theory. Aggressive alpha lions get more pussy than pretty looking lions with cute eyes.

Blond

Coper
Oldcels
[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][size=small][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]In contrast, females were indifferent to mane length, but they found darker manes much more attractive than blonds.[/font][/font][/size]
Even in animal kingdom females gravitate towards dark hair. :rage:

D.R.

Banned
As far as I know, female lions prefer the male lion with the healthiest and thickest mane. Heard about that at some point I think, you can probably look it up somewhere.

D.R.

Banned
Actually seems to be about color too when it comes to lions.

''[font=Times New Roman, serif]"We were initially very skeptical of our result because we expected mane length to be the most important consideration," said West. "It is well-known that a short, scruffy mane is the sign of a sick male." [/font]

[font=Times New Roman, serif]But color seemed to be the critical factor. [/font]
Together with other biochemical and photographic data acquired over the years by West's advisor, Craig Packer, West suggested that the dark mane may in fact be a sign of a stronger, fitter male.
An analysis of photos of 313 adult males taken between between 1964 and 2000, disease surveillance data, blood samples, and nutritional status—gauged by the belly size—revealed that longer, darker manes were associated with age, better health, and higher testosterone levels.''

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/08/0822_020822_TVlion_2.htm

IcedEarth

Slayer
JBoi said:
Male lions comes into the scene by killing their competition and then fucking all the high E lionesses. Pretty sure horizontal power and horizontal mane presence plays a major role in this process.
this is exactly what autism looks like

miscburt

Subhuman
Victory said:
Do animals even have facial differences? I don't remember ever seeing an animal with an asymmetric face or something like that. Just differences in size I thought.
+1 Never seen a lion with a recessed jaw  :giggle:

igesio

Banned
Victory said:
Do animals even have facial differences? I don't remember ever seeing an animal with an asymmetric face or something like that. Just differences in size I thought.
Orangutans

PucciBoi

Subhuman
We're not allowed to rape women or intimidate men in modern high society, this takes power away from DOM ugly guys and gives it to all women and the few attractive men.

mystery

Cuck
Yul Brynner said:
Does the best looking male lion, elephant, gorilla, horse, gazelle get his pick of the best looking female?
No, it's all based on personality and sense of humor, buddy boyo!

gandytime

Slayer
lol I think only the alpha lion fucks the women. He is always the strongest and often has the nicest mane. He does nothing all day but fuck, eat and sleep.It´s interesting that the male Lions doesn´t need to hunt, the females do it. When he gets older and weaker a younger lion will fight him and if he wins he is the new alpha. Right?

lltvyr

Slayer
I think status matters the most to animals. If you're the leader, the strongest, you do and take what you want. Same in humans. But that isn't love of course. We're all searching for love here. Chronic oneitis.

igesio

Banned
[quote='"]
Girl in your AVI?
[/quote]

Oh I'm gonna have to neuter you ya horny bastard... She's just a local. I'll post more pics of her in a few days, I'll make sure to tag you in that thread