• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

Did smoking pot in HS destroy our hormonal profiles?

Vertu

Joke
I ponder it to this day.

Marijuana affects a variety of hormones that are regulated by hypothalamic function and it appears that the psychoactive ingredient, THC, is the major compound responsible for this action. It is probable that THC affects these hormones through its ability to alter various neural transmitters in the hypothalamus or neural transmitters in the CNS which impinge on the hypothalamus. The dopaminergic and serotonergic fibers seem to be particularly important. The two gonadotropins, LH and FSH, secreted by the pituitary gland are of major importance to reproduction in the male. Both gonadotropins appear to respond to a single releasing factor from the hypothalamus, GnRH, which is sensitive to catecholamine neurotransmitters. The THC-induced block of GnRH release results in lowered LH and FSH which is responsible for reduced testosterone production by the Leydig cells of the testis. Other hormones that might have a synergistic or antagonistic effect upon reproduction in the male are the adrenal cortical hormones, prolactin, thyroid hormones, and growth hormones. THC appears to depress prolactin, thyroid gland function, and growth hormone while elevating adrenal cortical steroids. Chronic exposure of laboratory animals, such as rats, mice, and monkeys to marijuana and to the various cannabinoids in marijuana has altered the function of several of the accessory reproductive organs. Reports of reduced prostate and seminal vesicle weights, as well as altered testicular function, have been partially explained by the effect of marijuana in lowering serum testosterone needed for proper function and support.

We fucked up buddy boys.

Looks like our naivety and submission to peer pressure in the 9th grade destroyed our potential to look like D. Lundgren.

IcedEarth

Rotter
having low prolactine is good you dumbfuck broscientist

cutting calories and stress lowers thyroid hormones as well

SINGULARITY

Megastar
IcedEarth said:

This

driftwood

Joke
IcedEarth said:

Here we go again... we need a pint of haag n daaz and 2 litters of orange juice without pulp daily

IcedEarth

Rotter
driftwood said:
IcedEarth said:

Here we go again... we need a pint of haag n daaz and 2 litters of orange juice without pulp daily

lol stfu you were doing roids, you can even eat pure dogshit on gear

ThereIsNoGame

Machine
I didnt smoke in highschool and I still have a shit hormonal profile... so no.

allindaeyes

Banned
just lol at smoking pot, get offered it daily by this half maori half white guy who keeps it in his pocket and is a good friend. FUCK smoking, he is dumb as fk as a reslt of this

IcedEarth

Rotter
allindaeyes said:
just lol at smoking pot, get offered it daily by this half maori half white guy who keeps it in his pocket and is a good friend. FUCK smoking, he is dumb as fk as a reslt of this

no dude, he smokes it and offers it freely because he's dumb

allindaeyes

Banned
IcedEarth said:
allindaeyes said:

no dude, he smokes it and offers it freely because he's dumb

he doesnt offer it to everyone, he is a friend is why and hes not that dumb especially not for a maori trust me

Kiwisviel

mrz said:
Just lol at people who are anti-drug.

Yes, drug use turns you into a useless pedo loser who will die alone~ such a shining example of the pro-drug movement~!

Kiwisviel said:
mrz said:
Just lol at people who are anti-drug.

Yes, drug use turns you into a useless pedo loser who will die alone~ such a shining example of the pro-drug movement~!

I was told when I growing up that if I so much as touched a drug I'd immediately turn into mrz and die alone.

Needless to say I never touched a single drug. Thanks mrz.

Anakind

Champion
Industrial sugar fucks you up far more than alcohol, THC, caffeine or nicotine ever could.