DHT studies

I am not ready to make a a guide or anything, just going to dump a few abstracts in this thread regarding DHT. Not posting the abstracts in text, just writing what I get out of this based on what the abstract gives and thinking out loud for future reference.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8853853

In this study, ovarectimized rats were used to test DHT alone, estrogen alone, and both combined. This is good since so many DHT studies have results that are to do with increased free test. Few things of interest. DHT and estrogen grew more in bone length than estrogen alone suggesting DHT is anabolic to height increase or at least offsets estrogens negative effect on height. The abstract did not mention how DHT alone did on length. DHT does at least increase periosteal bone formation increased from DHT alone. The periosteum is a layer of tissue over the bones. Not a significant source of bone mass but it has lots of vascular tissue which plays a supporting role for bone formation.

Could someone translate what this means though? "Bone mineral density increased with the highest dose of DHT relative to OVX controls and the estrogen treated group"

That bit would make more sense if the control actually had levels to compare relative increases. I am assuming this means DHT alone upped BMD and was just not written clearly in the abstract. I plan to get the full text to this one so I can see all the chats

Still trying to find out if DHT alone inhibits osteoclast or not in an overectimized study or some condition where free T is not a factor.

thicker bones, also guys with high dht got meatier penises, I know because I got both conditions with my high dht and only moderate hairloss

That reminds me I forgot to put in the bit on that study that DHT alone increased cortical bone formation, effectively being skull size.

I am familiar with the DHT and penis size part as well. Can't even debate that to free test since 5ar defecient people have micro penis regardless of high test.

lono

Banned
I believe DHT is responsible for facially and mental masculinity and ruggedness 

Testosterone is responsible for extroversion, fighting ability, drive, status seeking, social dominance, etc.

it's actually both, I bet you have an optimal T/DHT ratio like there's an optimal T/E ratio

allindaeyes

Banned
Doesnt DHT make u bald faster? Im 16 and mybe its just hairlne maturing hopefully since my dad is still nw1 but already one of my temples is turning into a nw1. I still have like mainly nw0 on other side

allindaeyes said:
Doesnt DHT make u bald faster? Im 16 and mybe its just hairlne maturing hopefully since my dad is still nw1 but already one of my temples is turning into a nw1. I still have like mainly nw0 on other side
sensitivity to dht does

allindaeyes

Banned
slayer of forums said:
allindaeyes said:
sensitivity to dht does
do u think I will go bald? my hair is still thick and volumptous. Im kind of glad I will at least go nw1 by 20 or early 20s prob, nw0 is gay after hs period

is this normal to have nw1 at early 20-20? (im not but rate its moving thats how long it will take )

any other symptoms of senstiivity

Anakind

King of Chads
TheTrews said:
Got stanalone/DHT powder. Pm me.
Powder? You probably mean Winstrol tabs? That stuff is fucking potent. Only a small dose like 30 mg per day and your strength skyrockets within a few weeks. No wonder Ben Johnson took it.

Anakind said:
TheTrews said:
Got stanalone/DHT powder. Pm me.
Powder? You probably mean Winstrol tabs? That stuff is fucking potent. Only a small dose like 30 mg per day and your strength skyrockets within a few weeks. No wonder Ben Johnson took it.
lol at this shit, it's the steroid of slayers

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/winstrol-side-effects.html

In rare cases, serious and even fatal cases of liver problems have developed during treatment with stanozolol (the active ingredient contained in Winstrol) Contact your doctor immediately if you experience abdominal pain, light colored stools, dark colored urine, unusual fatigue, nausea or vomiting, or yellowing of the skin or eyes. These may be early signs of liver problems.

If you experience any of the following serious side effects, contact your doctor immediately or seek emergency medical attention:

> an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives);
> swelling of the arms or legs (especially ankles);
> frequent or persistent erections, or breast tenderness or enlargement (male patients);
> voice changes (hoarseness, deepening), hair loss, facial hair growth, clitoral enlargement, or menstrual irregularities (female patients).

lono said:
I believe DHT is responsible for facially and mental masculinity and ruggedness 

[img=290x290]http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01694/jason-statham_1694186i.jpg[/img]

Testosterone is responsible for extroversion, fighting ability, drive, status seeking, social dominance, etc.

[img=381x253]http://www.history.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/HITH-Ali.jpg[/img]
DHT will promote facial hair and appears to promote skull size (test alone might do this second part as well) but we don't have a full picture on what it does to every facial feature.

allindaeyes said:
It does but at 16 it can have greater long term effects on you than without, while you can focus on hair regrowth after.

Victory said:
Simon Nessman said:
DHT causes hair loss, bad skin and rapid aging. Male models take fin to prevent this, that's why models like Chico still look young.
Taking fin is a good decision if you are already sufficiently masculine.
I plan to never use that till after 25 at least but probably until 30 because DHT has many great effects on the mind. I started a new cycle of DHT yesterday. I don't see myself ever wanting off of DHT except for the joint dryness I get from it and reduced libido which are both signs of E2 being too low. Coconut oils 5AR topical inhibiting effect is irrelevant in the scalp since I am getting my DHT through pro hormones, same thing with finasteride. All I got for my hair is Emu Oil and if I am desperate minoxidil which will age the skin.

D

David James Gandy

Very interesting topic. I am going to look into this further.

Nizoral Babe

Coper
slayer of forums said:
thicker bones, also guys with high dht got meatier penises, I know because I got both conditions with my high dht and only moderate hairloss
Thick bones, meaty penis and moderate thinning. No recession yet.

Does that mean my DHT is too high? Too low? Sensitivity issue?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19732831

DHT is a very strong BMD increaser. BMD is not size but it is a good sign.

Aside from the above study
I am completely unable to find anything showing if DHT raises or lowers bone resorption, if anything its estrogen antagonistic effect means a bit more osteoclast activity to increase resorption (this remodeling). DHT may be a great pathway to increase remodeling a bit with the right amount of osteoblast and calcium depositing functions to prevent bone loss as a result of increased osteoclast from reducing estrogen. Nuking estrogen will deteriorate the bones more than DHT can grow, not the goal.

I am trying to perfect  bone remodeling guide, I know about GH but I am looking for more ways. I think I am going to incorporate DHT in it. Far as discussion, this thread is more about DHT and less about remodeling.

Not sephon

Subhuman
Nizoral Babe said:
slayer of forums said:
Thick bones, meaty penis and moderate thinning. No recession yet.

Does that mean my DHT is too high? Too low? Sensitivity issue?
it's impossible to say tbh. you should have it tested.

iamagod

Chad
It wouldn't be in the body if it weren't important - so we need to understand what sacrifices we'd be making.

Appreciate the research and updates boyo, i'm to low IQ to understand the studies and you break them down well