• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

Debunking the 4 most dangerous self help myths

Anakind

Champion
Do you also notice the trend in this forum that those guys who read self-help bullshit are actually the biggest procrastinators who haven't made a single step toward improving themselves? Yet they are the ones who give depressed people advice.    :lol:

[video=youtube]

@"Pinhead" @"paulus" @"BlueBalls" @"RealRob" @"Invisible" @"ThePolygamist" @"Danny the chav"

smellysocks

Megastar
That's why most advice, especially self help, is a scam.

It's either the blind leading the blind or some person with entirely different circumstances (just go up and say hi!) regurgitating what worked for them.

The only thing you can really trust are peer reviewed studies or personal observations that invole a large sample size

rugby1233

Rotter
smellysocks said:
That's why most advice, especially self help, is a scam.

It's either the blind leading the blind or some person with entirely different circumstances (just go up and say hi!) regurgitating what worked for them.

The only thing you can really trust are peer reviewed studies or personal observations that invole a large sample size

CBT helped me a lot. It has a lot of research behind it.

Anakind

Champion
rugby1233 said:
CBT helped me a lot. It has a lot of research behind it.

From what I heard science says it's complete bullshit, no?

Danny the chav

Champion
Another fucking bullshit scam, life is black and whIte and this has no sense of rationality

SEAN O'DONIS

Rotter
so, rather than punching a pillow, use your anger constructively... and GO ER !!!

RememberMew

Regular
Medication works very well for me. I'm a rotter but I wouldn't say I'm depressed.

I'm not a procrastinator, I've just given up on life. Unless my parents invest a good 50-150k in surgery for me I'm not really interested in making it to 30. I've got the most melted mandible and zygos on the planet, the tallest fivehead a NW2 has ever had and I'm the height of a child.

ThePolygamist

Rotter
some of the knowledge is useful i have found meditation to be helpful
however alot of these gurus have severe cognitive biases, and their success is a result of thousands of steps, and if one of these steps turned out differently (e.g. if they didnt meet an influential person in their life) they would NOT be where they are now, so you should always be sceptical of them

dante

Joke
RememberMew said:
Medication works very well for me. I'm a rotter but I wouldn't say I'm depressed.

I'm not a procrastinator, I've just given up on life. Unless my parents invest a good 50-150k in surgery for me I'm not really interested in making it to 30. I've got the most melted mandible and zygos on the planet, the tallest fivehead a NW2 has ever had and I'm the height of a child.

how old are you ? Parents rarely help unless if really rich .I've got the smallest palate in my family and Im on it all alone to correct it .And thats just functional , let alone aesthetics...

ThePolygamist

Rotter
dante said:
RememberMew said:

how old are you ? Parents rarely help unless if really rich .I've got the smallest palate in my family and Im on it all alone to correct it .And thats just functional , let alone aesthetics...

is this a fucking joke?
we are talking about mental problems ITT, not a small mouth you bitch

dante

Joke
ThePolygamist said:
dante said:

is this a fucking joke?

well yeah it is off topic I know.

YourFaceIsYourLife

LTR = cuck | Effort = it's over | Sun = life
Masculinity Crew
Self improvement is mental masturbation, it hasn't helped anyone so far.

Anakind

Champion
ThePolygamist said:
is this a fucking joke?

It's symptomatic for this forum. For some guys here even Post Traumatic Stress disorder in Vietnam veterans is a result of a recessed maxilla and mandible.    :lol:

herbapple

Banned
The video is full of blue pilled advice itself. "Tell your crush..." RIGHT.

Anakind

Champion
herbapple said:
The video is full of blue pilled advice itself. "Tell your crush..." RIGHT.

Actually that's pretty red pill. Getting rejected right away is far better than deluding yourself with "Looksmaxxing" plans and thinking a Lefort 2 will get you your oneitis.

RememberMew

Regular
dante said:

23. My parents are absolutely fucking loaded and never spend any of it. We have a decent relationship but they're both mentally ill high inhibition kikes.

BlueBalls

Machine
That's an interesting video. Better to understand psychology than to read some hack who doesn't have any scince backing up what he's saying.

The "theories" from this forum are probably som of the least scientific out there.