Custom Jaw Implant instead of double jaw surgery?

Looksmaxing011

Subhuman
Hi so I hate my side profile and I am wondering instead of going through tan expensive and difficult double jaw surgery if a custom jaw implant would work instead? Thanks

BEBE

👉👈
Truecels
if you have functional problems caused by your jaw recession then obviously get a double jaw

AgNaCl

Lookism Shaman
HQNP
It would look very bad aesthetically because the implant will not solve your overall recession. @Surgerymax will definitely have a more informed take but I think you might need a double jaw surgery as well as a lefort I to look good. After that a midface implant or modified lefort III

Wicked

forever subhuman
HQNP
It would look very bad aesthetically because the implant will not solve your overall recession. @Surgerymax will definitely have a more informed take but I think you might need a double jaw surgery as well as a lefort I to look good. After that a midface implant or modified lefort III

double jaw in most situations includes a lefort 1

but ye OP this guys right

Looksmaxing011

Subhuman

Gotcha. I mean this guy kind of has my problem and he got a custom jaw implant and it looked like it helped him.

Attachments

• 24530BF1-AD37-4020-A35C-9569254A19C0.png
    24530BF1-AD37-4020-A35C-9569254A19C0.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 46

Wicked

forever subhuman
HQNP
Gotcha. I mean this guy kind of has my problem and he got a custom jaw implant and it looked like it helped him.

it does look like an improvement in that pic, but imo prob would look kinda uncanny in motion

jaw implants will neither move your teeth forward, rotate your occlusal plane, or widen your palate-which is stuff u should get done if u seek surgery

from the curvature of ur philtrum and kinda steep mandibular plane, seems like CCW rotation and advancement would be good for u (and vastly more natural looking than implants)

AgNaCl

Lookism Shaman
HQNP
He doesn't have your problem, sorry to be blunt but your jaw is much more recessed than his. Not the best morph in the world but it demonstrates how much better you will look with the surgeries I mentioned above

Screenshot 2020-07-14 at 00.16.26.png

vs
wIfqtjTl.jpg

Last edited:

AgNaCl

Lookism Shaman
HQNP

I might be wrong, but I don't think a lefort I is needed to fix an overbite, which is what most people get double jaw surgery for.

Looksmaxing011

Subhuman
I might be wrong, but I don't think a lefort I is needed to fix an overbite, which is what most people get double jaw surgery for.
Yeah see that’s the thing my teeth are perfectly straight and in line. I tried to have insurance cover my double jaw but they said they won’t because the don’t see a problem from the functional side of things.

Wicked

forever subhuman
HQNP

double jaw: upper and lower jaw (so lefort and bsso)

for just a steep overbite or underbite, they do single jaw surgery, but OP needs more than that

AgNaCl

Lookism Shaman
HQNP
Yeah see that’s the thing my teeth are perfectly straight and in line. I tried to have insurance cover my double jaw but they said they won’t because the don’t see a problem from the functional side of things.
Ask Dr Eppley if he can make a midface implant that also covers the lefort I level. Then you might get decent results from just implants

Wicked

forever subhuman
HQNP

yea sry boyo, prob gonna have to pay out of pocket (i have similar issues as u to a lesser extent). the sad part is that usually recession leads to functional issues later in life, but at that point ur already old lol. just gotta grind for it.

AgNaCl

Lookism Shaman
HQNP
double jaw: upper and lower jaw (so lefort and bsso)

for just a steep overbite or underbite, they do single jaw surgery, but OP needs more than that
Yeah sorry I got it mixed up, for some reason I thought double jaw referred to the left and right sides of the jaw and only just realised how retarded that is. I haven't done much research about osteotemies

ace2020

Normie
Truecels
He doesn't have your problem, sorry to be blunt but your jaw is much more recessed than his. Not the best morph in the world but it demonstrates how much better you will look with the surgeries I mentioned above

View attachment 73503
vs
View attachment 73501
front is what matters most, the best surgery results don't just have side profile changes, rather the frontal view shows a sharper gonial angle, more defined and longer jawline,a square jawline and v seperation as well.

propeciaispoison

Saint Pennywise
see point 2

AgNaCl

Lookism Shaman
HQNP
front is what matters most, the best surgery results don't just have side profile changes, rather the frontal view shows a sharper gonial angle, more defined and longer jawline,a square jawline and v seperation as well.
Stop coping dude, just get the surgeries you need to look good, a custom jaw implant alone will NOT do that and you will go from invisible to invisible. At the very least ask Dr Eppley or Dr Yaremchuk if you can have a midface implant as well, that should do the trick.

ace2020

Normie
Truecels
Stop coping dude, just get the surgeries you need to look good, a custom jaw implant alone will NOT do that and you will go from invisible to invisible. At the very least ask Dr Eppley or Dr Yaremchuk if you can have a midface implant as well, that should do the trick.
thats cool but I didn't say I favoured a Custom jaw implant over osteomies?

Surgerymax

Educational Account
Some (A lot) of this has to do with not being lean.

a lot also has to do with not being forward grown. I suggest you get morphs of a double jaw surgery (Maxillomandibular Advancment) only, Wraparoundimplant only, and a combined approach.