From the FWHR study on speed dating.

It makes some sense to me to measure from soft tissue markers like brow rather than bone, technically measuring from lip is measuring from soft tissue. The brow height regardless of nasion height is what we mostly see. Keep in mind that screenshot mentions 2 other studies using the same method, so I think the bottom of the eyebrows is the most standard method of fWHR. There is another factor, agular eyebrows. In this instance I am assuming the innermost part of the brow should be the spot to measure from since observably the innermost part if closer to the nasion which can be used as a marker of brow bone height and is much more consistent in placement.

Another thing, a lot of fWHR shots fail to measure the zygo's from the widest point. The following example is missing some width due to incorrectly drawn box and the measurement also went too high. This guy is not a subhuman 1.60's fWHR

[img=383x548]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLcsr71CAAEkR4y.jpg[/img]

This next picture is a more accurate representation of the appropriate width to measure from and is actually from a study, but does not share the same brow measurement

Right now. I don't think we can accurately conclude what the real average fWHR is since he studies all using this same fWHR term are not sharing the same measurement standards. Right now I think this face morph of the average male face is our best representation

Original pic

I went the smallest bit over on the right side with the zygo width and a bit on the lip height as well, but even if I tweaked the rectangle more perfectly this would not reach a 1.85 fWHR, probably just a 1.8. I would need something besides paint that will let me adjust the size of the rectangle after tracing it to perfect this but I would say based on this an average fWHR would be a 1.79 or 1.8 going by this method.

heilsa

Slayer
legit - we still need an aesthetic subforum for this kind of stuff imo

laydownandrot

Banned
I still want to hear experts about this. Mid brow top brow. @"Lono's Fried Chicken"

modified

hairloss expert
laydownandrot said:
I still want to hear experts about this. Mid brow top brow. @"Lono's Fried Chicken"
Agreed this needs standardization. I think the easiest way to standardize the upper horizontal line is to have it run through the bridge of the nose so that it splits the little pieces of eyebrow that flank it in half. Ie. Connecting the inner margins of your eyebrows at their half way point vertically.

carl

Slayer
there is no standardized way to measure fwhr, it differs from study to study

dont compare one measurement taken one way with data from a different study

carl said:

It will keep varying from study to study, and researchers don't need a standardized way to measure. All they need is to see the differences in results of a wider fWHR vs. a narrow one. Only reason a standard way here matters is when we say "Gosling has this fWHR, I have that, SevereRetard has this, etc".

IrfanView (popular freeware picture software) let's you readjust therectangle AND show the aspect ratio at any time (at the top).
[hr]
Machiavellian said:
carl said:

It will keep varying from study to study, and researchers don't need a standardized way to measure. All they need is to see the differences in results of a wider fWHR vs. a narrow one. Only reason a standard way here matters is when we say "Gosling has this fWHR, I have that, SevereRetard has this, etc".
It will matter when trying to determine the optimal fWHR. We can assume that there is an optimum and deviation in either direction is less attractive because it's like that with every possible feature* (law of averages as well).

*Unless we count nongeometric stuff like "how much red should be in the sclera" or something like that where 0 might actually be optimal

lltvyr

Slayer
Does plucking the upper part of my brows leave an impression of a shorter middle 3rd?

lltvyr said:
Does plucking the upper part of my brows leave an impression of a shorter middle 3rd?
If we read the face based on the area between the lips and brows, no.

We don't know how the mind cognitively perceives the face to that level of precision.

Jawanomics

Lookism God
Should be from the bottom of the nose anyway..long philtrum is Dom...which this is a measure of

Lip to eye angle is a measure of aesthetics..so should be from the lip due to smaller philtrum preferable.