• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

Chin Wing vs wraparound Implant?

Shadow33

Joke
I have an angular jaw but it's too narrow. I need a wider jaw but I want to maintain my angularity. Which option would be better?

RememberMew

Regular
I have no idea how the chin wing osteotomy became something that gets brought up as if it's not almost as invasive as a Le Fort II. Chin wings are obsolete and barbaric; the length of the osteotomy is absurd.

rugby1233

Rotter
RememberMew said:
I have no idea how the chin wing osteotomy became something that gets brought up as if it's not almost as invasive as a Le Fort II. Chin wings are obsolete and barbaric; the length of the osteotomy is absurd.

There is a user here who had 2 chin wings and had very good results.

plastiks

Joke
rugby1233 said:
RememberMew said:

He had jaw surgery, then chin wing osteotomy twice, then he still needed fillers to get his result. 

That's not what I'd consider an effective procedure, personally.

solidus

Joke
plastiks said:
rugby1233 said:

He had jaw surgery, then chin wing osteotomy twice, then he still needed fillers to get his result. 

That's not what I'd consider an effective procedure, personally.

I need midface implants after my bimax surgery but most cheek bone implants i've seen looks bad, how so?

Also, are you satisfied with your chin/jaw implants?

The chin wing osteotomy is designed to vertically lengthen the jawline by moving the entire inferior border of the mandible downward. It is difficult to perform and I assume that it's prone to many complications. I'd personally go with the wraparound jaw implant if it was to  obtain vertical jawline augmentation. This implant literally does wonders when applied to the proper bone structure. Not to say there aren't complications with this implant but they would be significantly fewer than those of an osteotomy.

Don't get me wrong, though. @"TYD" had great results from chin wing but he had to do it twice because of some trouble that was caused in the past by the BSSO he had to go through.

RememberMew

Regular
Shadow33 said:
I happen to be a fairly poor college student already spending the vast majority of my disposable income on shit for my hair and my brain and my insurance likely won't cover much, especially with a purely cosmetic surgery like my jaw. I'm gonna use insurance to get my nose fixed(deviated septum-can barely breathe through the right side) but besides bimax for my sleep apnea, I need to add width to my jaw without sacrificing angularity. I'm probably gonna email some surgeons and ask to see if they have results.

If you're in America then use Eppley for larger augmentation or either Eppley or Yaremchuk for smaller augmentation. Terino used to be the best but he's extremely old now.

Shadow33

Joke
RememberMew said:
Shadow33 said:
I happen to be a fairly poor college student already spending the vast majority of my disposable income on shit for my hair and my brain and my insurance likely won't cover much, especially with a purely cosmetic surgery like my jaw. I'm gonna use insurance to get my nose fixed(deviated septum-can barely breathe through the right side) but besides bimax for my sleep apnea, I need to add width to my jaw without sacrificing angularity. I'm probably gonna email some surgeons and ask to see if they have results.

If you're in America then use Eppley for larger augmentation or either Eppley or Yaremchuk for smaller augmentation. Terino used to be the best but he's extremely old now.

Much appreciated. I really hope I somehow make enough money to go to Sinn for mod lefort 3 as my eye area is one of my biggest areas of concern :(

RememberMew

Regular
Shadow33 said:
Much appreciated. I really hope I somehow make enough money to go to Sinn for mod lefort 3 as my eye area is one of my biggest areas of concern :(

Do you know exactly what the mod LF3 entails? I've been lazy about reading through jawsurgeryforums.

RememberMew

Regular
@"TYD" My mandible is pea-sized but I have somewhat long ramuses and no bi-gonial width. Chin wings are only for lengthening ramuses and don't do much in the way of width, right?

RememberMew

Regular
TYD said:
i'd say almost the opposite. i had more widening than ramus drop. that was what i was interested in.

I thought they just cut around the bottom of the mandible and rotated the back downward. Are you saying that after they cut it they actually bend the back edges outward?

TYD said:
RememberMew said:
I thought they just cut around the bottom of the mandible and rotated the back downward. Are you saying that after they cut it they actually bend the back edges outward?

yes

Efstathios Stivaktakis said:
@"TYD" Are you going for orbital rims eventually?

unfortunately no.

I'm settling with rhino, possibly sub mental lipo and in september i agreed with my awesome filler doctor that i'll have some deep filling to my under eyes.

Sounds cool, but what made you change your mind? Do orbital rim implants have lots of complications or the doc you found turned out to be not legit?

Good luck on your procedures, man.

Jawimplants

Banned
RememberMew Wrote: said:
i'd say almost the opposite. i had more widening than ramus drop. that was what i was interested in.

THIS IS THE ANSWER I WAS LOOKING FOR. So, it's possible to create more angularity and width with chin wing. This is what Dr. Brusco told me as well.

Jawimplants said:
RememberMew Wrote: said:

THIS IS THE ANSWER I WAS LOOKING FOR. So, it's possible to create more angularity and width with chin wing. This is what Dr. Brusco told me as well.

They dont bend it.  the procedure can be modified in many ways depending on the desired outcome.  for cases where the projection and mandible plane angle are primary, the single osteotomized piece is just moved to its desired location.  for cases where width is required, the bone is seperated in 2 parts, which are seperated the desired distance and stabilized with either biointegrative material or native bone grafts.

Jawimplants

Banned
ethnicslayer said:
Jawimplants said:

They dont bend it.  the procedure can be modified in many ways depending on the desired outcome.  for cases where the projection and mandible plane angle are primary, the single osteotomized piece is just moved to its desired location.  for cases where width is required, the bone is seperated in 2 parts, which are seperated the desired distance and stabilized with either biointegrative material or native bone grafts.

so the separation takes place at the chin area, i guess? this will make the chin broader as well, no?