chimps thast like to fool themselves into thinking they’re moral ?

Colez_II

Normie
chimps pretending o be cooperative under the illusion of civilixation

chimps pretending to be loving, caring, cooperative, helpful and nice? ^_^
chimps not realising their primitive brains disallow them from doing that?
and that modern civilization advanced too fast for evolution to keep up? ^_^

chimps that would UNDOUBTEDLY agree to $100 if it caused some random person to die in the world somewhere? chimp that would repeat that process millions of times to become a billionaire?

DiamondNips

Banned
What if the random person can be you? How many times would you run the risk of killing yourself for the next $100?

Colez_II

Normie
DiamondNips said:
What if the random person can be you? How many times would you run the risk of killing yourself for the next $100?
i forget probability but the probability of dying at least once is 1 - (1/worldpop)^tries ? or something...

so repeat until the probability becomes too risky I guess?

asiancel

King of Chads
nah it's 1 billion dollars but you can only push once, and the person that dies is your closest friend/family

DiamondNips

Banned
It's a binomial random variable but at what risk would you go until?

Colez_II

Normie
DiamondNips said:
It's a binomial random variable but at what risk would you go until?
yeah but doesnt it make more sense to look at the "at least once"? you only get one life, so it might be wrong to say "repeat until it becomes more risky" since it doesn't, although people are being killed but also being born (ignore that)

if you throw a die 3 times, the probability of getting heads individually is 1/2 but the probability of getting heads at least once those 3 times is higher (???) forget how to calc it.

DiamondNips

Banned
I might be mixing up the terminology, all I remember is that the last probability test I wrote had a similar question and I know how to calculate it.

For the throwing a "die" (coin I think you meant) and getting heads the probability is what you said before as 1 - 1/2^3 (aka no heads).

Yea it wouldn't be too hard to calculate, but again I will ask you the question, what is too risky for you? 

Let's assume constant population or that you can press the button as many times as you want in 0 time. 

I think I would do it till I got a certain amount of money (ofc calculating the risk before hand). I am sure I could be happy with 10 million dollars, wouldn't need more than that.