Can you undo the effects of Mouth breathing?

LordSUPER

Banned
So I used to mouth breathe during my childhood years. Right now the rest of my face is fine (luckily) but my jaw could come forward a bit more, and I can confirm the cause is mouth breathing because when I was young my face looked nice and square (as all children will) but now the gonial angle has really worsened and the chin is looking a bit recessed, not too much though. Literally the only thing that needs improving is my lower third. I'm 17 now and doing mike mew tongue posture to hopefully undo the changes. Is it going to work? Or do I need to just surgery it?

You won't get much more forward growth, but if your 17 till 20 it might improve.

But mew to prevent downward growth in your older years, trust

Browcel

Chad
tape your mouth shut as you sleep so you cant mouth breathe while you are sleeping. I also recommend myobrace and chewing hard gum 5-10 hrs a week. (Falim and Mastiha gum)

Slayer

Normie
Browcel said:
tape your mouth shut as you sleep so you cant mouth breathe while you are sleeping. I also reccomend myobrace and chewing hard gum 5-10 hrs a week. (Falim and Mastiha gum)
Isn't that kinda dangerous?

Starcrazy

Chad
the first days of mewing will be painful to you, especially getting used to breathing through nose when sleeping

A

athmbyty

If you never had crowded teeth or needed braces, it's probably genetic.

OP, did you have crowded teeth?

Browcel

Chad
Slayer said:
Browcel said:
tape your mouth shut as you sleep so you cant mouth breathe while you are sleeping. I also reccomend myobrace and chewing hard gum 5-10 hrs a week. (Falim and Mastiha gum)
I'm not sure how it would be. It's not like you would suffocate. You would just take the tape off while sleeping. The only issue I can think of is if someone isn't getting enough oxygen from nose breathing opposed to mouth breathing. Anyway, mouth breathing actually has negative health consequences.

Browcel

Chad
Slayer said:
Browcel said:
tape your mouth shut as you sleep so you cant mouth breathe while you are sleeping. I also recommend myobrace and chewing hard gum 5-10 hrs a week. (Falim and Mastiha gum)
I'm not sure how it would be. It's not like you would suffocate. You would just take the tape off while sleeping. The only issue I can think of is if someone isn't getting enough oxygen from nose breathing opposed to mouth breathing. Anyway, mouth breathing actually has negative health consequences.

My orthodontist who monitors my myobrace progress actually recommended this to me btw.

LordSUPER

Banned
athmbyty said:

No, I think everyone else doesn't have a clear picture of the way I look so Imma explain in detail.

I have always had perfectly straight teeth with a perfect bite, I have high well defined cheekbones and the only difference between me and your average male model is that they will have a slightly better gonial angle and their chin is probably like 1cm more foward than mine. This makes me wonder if mewing will give me like a 5 degree improvement in gonial angle which will create the illusion of the chin going foward. Either that or when my body fat goes from 13 to 8 percent I will look better. My head is just slightly more sloped though and I am wondering if that is due to mouth breathing. I stopped mouth breathing 4 years ago when I was 13. And even then, it was part time mouth breathing, for example I used to breathe through my nose too, and I do not suffer from any long face syndrome or anything mouth breathing related except for the fact that the chin looks like it was supposed to come foward more by like 1cm.

UglyNormalFag

serial dog molester
Starcrazy said:
the first days of mewing will be painful to you, especially getting used to breathing through nose when sleeping
How do you mew properly?

Starcrazy

Chad
UglyNormalFag said:
Starcrazy said:
How do you mew properly?
When I'm alone - teeth together, tongue to the roof, mouth slightly opened

when I'm out it's the same, but mouth closed

A

athmbyty

LordSUPER said:
athmbyty said:

No, I think everyone else doesn't have a clear picture of the way I look so Imma explain in detail.

I have always had perfectly straight teeth with a perfect bite, I have high well defined cheekbones and the only difference between me and your average male model is that they will have a slightly better gonial angle and their chin is probably like 1cm more foward than mine. This makes me wonder if mewing will give me like a 5 degree improvement in gonial angle which will create the illusion of the chin going foward. Either that or when my body fat goes from 13 to 8 percent I will look better. My head is just slightly more sloped though and I am wondering if that is due to mouth breathing. I stopped mouth breathing 4 years ago when I was 13. And even then, it was part time mouth breathing, for example I used to breathe through my nose too, and I do not suffer from any long face syndrome or anything mouth breathing related except for the fact that the chin looks like it was supposed to come foward more by like 1cm.
If you have straight teeth with a Class 1 bite, your jaw probably developed perfectly as it should. I am just like you - slightly recessed chin, wide zygos - and I never mouthbreathed.

Many mouthbreathers I know have good chins, but narrow jaws with long faces. A girl I know IRL (who constantly has her mouth open to breath) looks exactly like this, which is a shame because her features are model-tier (chin included), but offset by a long and narrow face. The guy with the worst chin I know IRL has a wide, well developed face and never mouthbreathed (also was brought up outside of the western world so he didnt have a soft diet either - possibly complements Weston Price's findings?).

Mew theory is mostly a scam + broscience tbh. IMO though, mouthbreathing could probably lead to crowded teeth and, in severe cases, bite issues, like a Class 2 bite (where the upper teeth are in front of the lower at the back), or vertical maxillary excess (gummy smile), but this is just based on anecdotal evidence from my life experiences and people I know.

Again though, with straight teeth, you were probably supposed to look like this, so embrace your genetics.

Check your bite though, if it's not Class 1, you'll need surgery.