Can you stop mouth breathing in your early 20's?

Reflex

Lookism God
I managed it but it's pretty risky, don't try it if your nose is blocked 

tape your mouth close when you sleep at night and force yourself to breathe through your nose

Emiya Kiwitsugu

Subhuman
Reflex said:

tape your mouth close when you sleep at night and force yourself to breathe through your nose

It's very dangerous. There's a good chance your face may explode from the pressure that's unable to escape if you choose to do this. If you decide to do this, I'm coming up with a 32.33 repeating of course, chance of survival.

I'm struggling. I get bad hay fever and my airways have always been fucked so it's hard.

Looks_Matter

Normie
Reflex said:

how long did it take to stop mouth breathing with this system?

Reflex

Lookism God
Looks_Matter said:
Reflex said:

how long did it take to stop mouth breathing with this system?

Not sure but I did it for like half a year lol

Looks_Matter

Normie
Ok, interesting. I'll have a septoplasty in a few weeks and then I hope I'll stop mouth breathing (with the help of a therapist). 

Do you notice any change in your face?

Amud

Banned
Only if you're capable of breathing through your nose.

Personally, I can sometimes nose breathe and sometimes can't since I have random allergy flair-ups throughout the day. I make sure to mew whenever I get the chance, but a lot of the time I have to mouth breathe. If you can never breathe through your nose, then you will need to see a doctor and get it sorted out. There are a lot of things that could cause problems with nose breathing: allergies, nasal deformity, nasal polyps, or just extreme maxillary retrusion.

Another thing is, it's possible to breathe through your nose without Mewing, but this won't give you the full benefit. You'll have to do this if your palate is too narrow to fit your tongue on it. In that case, you're pretty much screwed unless you get palate expansion.