Can very ugly guys be rejected even in IT jobs?

Chincel

Normie
I know someone who's going to graduate college soon and he's looking into getting a job in IT. However, I'm concerned that he won't be hired once they see his looks. It's quite tragic as well because he has a near-perfect GPA and has many offers for employment, although those were sight unseen. If you're currently in IT, please state your position and any anecdotal experiences you saw. Any fix to his looks won't be done for another 3 years due to the complicated nature of his deformity.

Chincel

Normie
ThereIsNoGame said:
It's less likely but it definitely still happens.
I wasn't sure due to all of this teamwork stuff I hear about in workplaces. He definitely seems the type to be left out or have others take the credit for his work.

marty

Slayer
Lol no.  Including college i have been in it over 10 years and it is full of sub 5 males.  I would say the average it employee is 40 years old sub 5 and high body fat.  Very few females, you might see a 5/10 secretary or hr person in the it department.  Nowadays companies love NT's in IT because they outsource a lot of the technical work that is not customer facing.

Chincel

Normie
marty said:
Lol no.  Including college i have been in it over 10 years and it is full of sub 5 males.  I would say the average it employee is 40 years old sub 5 and high body fat.  Very few females, you might see a 5/10 secretary or hr person in the it department.  Nowadays companies love NT's in IT because they outsource a lot of the technical work that is not customer facing.
I'll pm you a pic of him, he may be the exception.

There are many ugly dudes in IT

However, IT companies seem to put a lot of emphasis on being NT nowadays

Basement dwelling, introverted nerds are not too welcome in IT anymore

Chincel

Normie
Tyrone the Nigger said:
There are many ugly dudes in IT

However, IT companies seem to put a lot of emphasis on being NT nowadays

Basement dwelling, introverted nerds are not too welcome in IT anymore
Yes, that was a concern of mine as well. This guy is an admitted severe autist. Appreciate the feedback, guys, time for a long talk with him.