• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

BRUTAL AGE PILL!!!!!!!

PaleBlueDot

Banned
That was very deep and may have even given me an epiphany, but I know that aging will be cured and immortality will be achieved by 2040-2050 so I have nothing to fear

dat feel

PSL Hall of Fame
PaleBlueDot said:
That was very deep and may have even given me an epiphany, but I know that aging will be cured and immortality will be achieved by 2040-2050 so I have nothing to fear

Don't you get it though? Immortality will be futile. Every year you live will feel shorter and more meaningless than the previous. So ironically, by being immortal, you die faster. Besides, how much joy will you derive from saying that you're 600 years old? :giggle:

Time is relative, and so is your life. Live as long as you want, you will never be able to recapture the times that truly matter.

PaleBlueDot

Banned
dat feel said:
PaleBlueDot said:

Don't you get it though? Immortality will be futile. Every year you live will feel shorter and more meaningless than the previous. So ironically, by being immortal, you die faster. Besides, how much joy will you derive from saying that you're 600 years old? :giggle:

Time is relative, and so is your life. Live as long as you want, you will never be able to recapture the times that truly matter.

Ok so here it goes, basically there are 2 types of dimensions, physical and nonphysical, physical dimensions, height, width and depth are physical, we can move forward and back up down left right through these three dimensions. Time, the 4th dimension, is nonphysical, it travels like an arrow, moving in a single direction, we call "forward". We can only experience a single "point" in time. As we humans get ready for the emergence of AI and super intelligence, we will retain our human consciousness, and as we learn to transcend past time and space, well become hyper dimensional, higher beings. As higher beings, moving across time would be like climbing a ladder, since we will experience all of time instead of one point, it is impossible to visualize right now what that must feel like, but it must feel truly immaculate.

Dirty Blond

Rotter
dat feel said:
PaleBlueDot said:

Life ends at 500.

dat feel

PSL Hall of Fame
Dirty Blond said:
dat feel said:

Life ends at 500.

At 500 gymcels should have enough muscle mass to slay a prime 18yo goddess. :giggle:

IcedEarth

Rotter
PaleBlueDot said:
Ok so here it goes, basically there are 2 types of dimensions, physical and nonphysical, physical dimensions, height, width and depth are physical, we can move forward and back up down left right through these three dimensions. Time, the 4th dimension, is nonphysical, it travels like an arrow, moving in a single direction, we call "forward". We can only experience a single "point" in time. As we humans get ready for the emergence of AI and super intelligence, we will retain our human consciousness, and as we learn to transcend past time and space, well become hyper dimensional, higher beings. As higher beings, moving across time would be like climbing a ladder, since we will experience all of time instead of one point, it is impossible to visualize right now what that must feel like, but it must feel truly immaculate.

this is exactly what autism looks like

the reason time passes so fast when we get older is because of workcelling. you literally spend 5days a week doing shit you dont want to do and sleep the rest of it. the remaining 2 days are so quickly over because compared to the hardship of workcelling they feel like heaven.
so the solution to this problem would be neetcelling. but then you might get trouble getting laid even with washed up 50y old single mother landwhales.

but then again, as a wise man once said (it was me actually): the only good thing about being a incel is that you dont have to fear death because there is literally nothing you would lose by dying - in stark contrast to all those masculine male models and slayers and women who actually can enjoy their life to the fullest

zanz

Joke
A year is still a year. This theory is worthless. You may FEEL that time passes faster, but it doesn't.

Stupid, worthless and a waste of time itself. Funny that, hey? Bye time, you're not coming back.

PaleBlueDot

Banned
IcedEarth said:
PaleBlueDot said:

this is exactly what autism looks like

I'm dead srs

PucciBoi

not brutal, just stop thinking and live right. primitive humans didn't have a concept of time.

dat feel

PSL Hall of Fame
zanz said:
A year is still a year. This theory is worthless. You may FEEL that time passes faster, but it doesn't.

Stupid, worthless and a waste of time itself. Funny that, hey? Bye time, you're not coming back.

False. There are no absolutes. Our perception is everything. Here's the perfect counter example:

If a year is still a year, a million dollars is still a million dollars. But we know a million dollars would change your life, you would looksmax and buy a Ferrari and slay prime jb like you never could right now. On the other hand, a million dollars to a billionaire is just a drop in the bucket, it makes no difference at all.

It's all RELATIVE.

Peanuts

Joke
dat feel said:
PaleBlueDot said:

Immortality might be futile in the sense that the Universe might die one day and kill everything in it. But living for a long time might not be futile in the way you mean. Right now, we don't know exactly how deep the rabbit hole will go. But through various methods we may be able to completely remove suffering from the human experience (for other animals, also). And, through other methods, maximize pleasure.

Even if we didn't maximize pleasure, why wouldn't you want to continue to exist if you couldn't suffer (boredom is a mild form of suffering, and wouldn't be possible)? There's no reason I can think of.

I can't pinpoint exactly how this might be done. But gene editing/therapy and overall human enhancement, artificial super intelligence, memory editing etc., etc., are all being talked about right now, and will all be fueled by renewable energy methods that will be more efficient by orders of magnitude more than what we have today.

Also, if artificial super intelligence actually happened, we can't even begin to imagine what kinds of connections between different technologies and new inventions it might come up with that would improve human life even further.

dat feel

PSL Hall of Fame
Peanuts, to give you a short anwer, the only thing that makes life worth living is the fact that it ends.

Peanuts

Joke
dat feel said:
Peanuts, to give you a short anwer, the only thing that makes life worth living is the fact that it ends.

You think that now because you're depressed and you live in 2015, not 2515. You've been beaten down by the harsh reality of living in the year 2015.

If things get much better, no one in the future will agree with what a relative caveman (you) has to say about what makes life worth living.

No offense. People find it hard to wrap their heads around exponential improvement and then project their current situation into infinity and say "why live forever when life sucks?"

dat feel

PSL Hall of Fame
People also find it hard to wrap their head around relativity. We live a life of unimaginable comfort compared with people who lived thousands of years ago, but people still kill themselves, and most people are unhappy. It's all relative. It's very hard to understand but just think about it.