As a 27 year old man I still don't even know how to properly order a drink

Amnesia

TokTik is hip dude
from a bar/bartender.

I've never been to a bar, closest thing is a few clubs where I told a friend to order a drink for me from the bar.  

I was out with a few friends the other night and we went to a bar and my friends gestured me to go ahead and order a drink first so I was like 'rum n coke' The bartender replied what kind? I was like uhh what? Hes like what alcohol you want? I repeated rum, the bartender sternly said, YEAH I KNOW WHAT BRAND OF RUM?

By this time the people I was with were bertstaring me and I could feel my face turning red. I was humiliated and I recognized how fucking weird I am. Apparently you are suppose to specify what brand you want when you order a drink.

Unrelated, I remember on my 21st b day I spent gymcelling all day and didnt go out or celebrate it with anyone cause I was watching my macros and didnt want to drink and ruin my gains.

Lol, I am so non NT

Herald

Normie
Next time, just point to the one you'd like. The bottles come in different colors with labels, so you can specify which one you want from afar. And remember to speak loudly. 

Amnesia

TokTik is hip dude
Herald said:
Next time, just point to the one you'd like. The bottles come in different colors with labels, so you can specify which one you want from afar. And remember to speak loudly. 

When I finally realized what he was asking me I was too embarrassed to even remember a brand name of rum I was just stuttering till my bro had to step in and suggest bacardi

Herald

Normie
Amnesia said:
Herald said:
Next time, just point to the one you'd like. The bottles come in different colors with labels, so you can specify which one you want from afar. And remember to speak loud

When I finally realized what he was asking me I was too embarrassed to even remember a brand name of rum I was just stuttering till my bro had to step in and suggest bacardi
Rum and coke is legit tho.

or corona w/ 7up/sprite  :macho: (haven't had a drink in years tho, I'd be in the same position you were  :lol:)

Dembroadbones

Normie
Why not go on to one of those "men's" sites like Askmen or something and read a bit about ordering drinks?

Why does everyone on this site prefer to wallow in self pity rather than take proactive action?

Eric Harris

Incel
This is one of my greatest fears. I came so close to being found out by acquaintances.

Amnesia

TokTik is hip dude
Dembroadbones said:
Why not go on to one of those "men's" sites like Askmen or something and read a bit about ordering drinks?

Why does everyone on this site prefer to wallow in self pity rather than take proactive action?
I didnt think I was doing anything wrong, in all movies and tv shows Ive ever seen they just say like 'rum and coke'  'gimme a martini' 'gimme a glass of wine'

I had no idea there was a specific way you're suppose to since I have never been to a bar before

I have a hard time with this, too. I always feel like.. AMOGed? by everyone else including females and bartenders when I'm in that situation.

However, any place that I've been if you say "Rum and coke" you don't have to specify unless you want a specific brand. If you say it generically they just give you a "well drink" and make it with whatever their cheap goto liquor is. If you want a specific brand then you ask. Like some people might ask for a Captain and Coke or a Jack and Coke or whatever. But you should also be able to just do rum and coke or whiskey and coke. I do Rum and Coke myself because its an easy thing to order usually.

And to add to that:

Any time I've ever seen a movie or tv show and characters are in a bar they say "give me a beer" and that's it. So I feel like I should be able to go to a bar and just say "give me a beer" but Ive never done it. I usually look at what's on draught and just pick one of those, if I'm getting beer.

OccamsRazorBurn

Gigachad
  said:
feels, i have the same problems difference i never gave up to gymcel so atleast today the baretender has a bit more patience with my autism.
Eric Harris said:
This is one of my greatest fears. I came so close to being found out by acquaintances.

:lmfao:

Just imagining how long it would take to order drinks if we ever had a lookism meetup at a bar...