• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

are u a side sleeper or back sleeper?

are u a side sleeper, back sleeper or stomach sleeper?

• side

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • back

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • stomach

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LostTuna

Machine
i'm a side sleeper, like straight up curled fetal status with my knees kept high up towards my chest and arms tucked behind my head.

fuck i wish i could learn to sleep on my back but it feels so weird and i always end up back on my side in the middle of the night if i can even manage to fall asleep on my back in the 1st place. back sleeping is supposed to be more ideal for facial aesthetics and keeping ur spine healthy.

i prolly would have been 6'2"-6'3" morning height instead of 6'1.75" if i slept on my back throughout puberty. @"BuxomZygos"   :rage: :mad:

UglyNormalFag

serial dog molester
Sleeping on back= greater chance of sleep apnea or poor oral posture. Side sleeping=ideal

LostTuna

Machine
UglyNormalFag said:
Sleeping on back= greater chance of sleep apnea or poor oral posture. Side sleeping=ideal

actually ya that's true i notice it's easier to breathe on your side and keep ur mouth shut yer tongue on the roof of your mouth

main thing i hate about side sleeping is losing ideal height and also waking up in the middle of the night with a fucking dead arm cause i fell asleep on it wrong. :rage:

cuckadoodledoo2 said:
back i sleep on the couch alot

degenerate :macho:

MichaelSzny

Banned
Sekrets said:
depends what's comfiest when I fall asleep, generally both

Psycho

Joke
Side sleeping wrinkles face more but I still do it. You need a firm mattress to sleep on your back and that shits uncomfortable

LostTuna

Machine
Supreme Gentleman said:

what happens when u get nocturnal boners/morning wood? :shock:  ur hurting ur dick health

Psycho

Joke
Also sleeping on your back doesn't work if you have a roommate unless you're comfortable showing him your erections

LostTuna

Machine
Psycho said:
Also sleeping on your back doesn't work if you have a roommate unless you're comfortable showing him your erections

:jordan:

UglyNormalFag

serial dog molester
Mughal said:
Sleeping on side = facial bones get recessed

Lol no. Source?
A pillow is not gonna put much pressure on your face. Anyway, I sleep with mostly my ear/back of my head on the pillow and face mostly up so I'm gucci and this is a moot point in my case  :lol:

Psycho

Joke
Supreme Gentleman said:
LostTuna said:
what happens when u get nocturnal boners/morning wood? :shock:  ur hurting ur dick health

I always wake up sideways so I'm assuming that I just turn over in my sleep

Do you actually sleep chest down like with both shoulders down? Sometimes I sleep twisting sort of half way between side and stomach but I'm always laying sideways on my shoulder.

Mughal

Banned
UglyNormalFag said:
Mughal said:
Sleeping on side = facial bones get recessed

Lol no. Source?
A pillow is not gonna put much pressure on your face. Anyway, I sleep with mostly my ear/back of my head on the pillow and face mostly up so I'm gucci and this is a moot point in my case  :lol:

You can't get a source for everything, some stuff is still broscience but it doesn't mean it's incorrect. It just means we don't have proof yet. Some things might never get proven, but it doesn't mean they're false. And also, it's not the pressure of the pillow, but the pressure of your skull on the side of your face (e.g. zygomatic). The pressure of the skull, four hours a day, on each side of the face, while your body is repairing/normalizing and releasing hormones, it wouldn't be hard to believe if it does indeed cause some slight recession...I wouldn't risk it tbh.

Psycho said:
Supreme Gentleman said:
I always wake up sideways so I'm assuming that I just turn over in my sleep

Do you actually sleep chest down like with both shoulders down? Sometimes I sleep twisting sort of half way between side and stomach but I'm always laying sideways on my shoulder.

Yea I do it like you do, my head over my right arm 
I don't just plank lmao

Psycho

Joke
Whatever you do don't sleep head facing down. Gravity will pull your jaw down forcing collision between your upper and lower incisors, potentially leading to overjet or worse. I used to wake up with horrible tootachea from this.

UglyNormalFag

serial dog molester
Mughal said:
UglyNormalFag said:
Lol no. Source?

You can't get a source for everything, some stuff is still broscience but it doesn't mean it's incorrect. It just means we don't have proof yet. Some things might never get proven, but it doesn't mean they're false. And also, it's not the pressure of the pillow, but the pressure of your skull on the side of your face (e.g. zygomatic). The pressure of the skull, four hours a day, on each side of the face, while your body is repairing/normalizing and releasing hormones, it wouldn't be hard to believe if it does indeed cause some slight recession...I wouldn't risk it tbh.

But I know for a fact that sleeping on your back increases chance of poorer oral posture immensely. Logically it makes sense as your tongue falls back and is in a more relaxed state. I feel like you gotta have rock solid oral posture to be immune to that. So it depends what's more important to you. I can only sleep on my side though. One arm under the pillow, sleeping on side, feet slightly coiled up is the only way I've ever been able to sleep tbh

Psycho

Joke
UglyNormalFag said:
Mughal said:

But I know for a fact that sleeping on your back increases chance of poorer oral posture immensely. Logically it makes sense as your tongue falls back and is in a more relaxed state. I feel like you gotta have rock solid oral posture to be immune to that. So it depends what's more important to you. I can only sleep on my side though. One arm under the pillow, sleeping on side, feet slightly coiled up is the only way I've ever been able to sleep tbh
Is there even any evidence oral posture matters past developmental years?

Mughal

Banned
UglyNormalFag said:
Mughal said:

That's caused by improper facial development and growth.

Psycho said:
UglyNormalFag said:

I hope you are not serious. Of course it matters.

UglyNormalFag

serial dog molester
Psycho said:
UglyNormalFag said:

Of course. Think of your bone structure as a house. If the underlying structure weakens, over time it will collapse at a greater rate. 
Proper oral posture just helps you age better because your face doesn't collapse as soon (wrinkles, subtle bone loss, nasolabial folds, etc)