Are Hair transplants legit for hairline restoration

Scar Tissue

Slayer
If you got a densepack in the hairline area does it look natural in your opinions? I could go up NO LIE, 2-3 points if I restored my hairline. But if it looks fake there is no point. What's the general consensus. Mistgeburt I'm talking to you.

modified

hairloss expert
Yes. Of course it's legit. I plan on getting this done myself. There are plenty of good FUE surgeons with fantastic results. My surgeon said he doesn't like going higher than around 60 grafts/cm2 at the hairline solely because any higher is a waste of hair. You only have so much donor hair, so he doesn't like to use it unnecessarily. I am also paying per graft, so he says it's a waste of my money to go higher. He says you can easily transplant up to 70 grafts/cm2 or more at the hairline if you really want the density though. Once you hit around 90 grafts/cm2 you risk damaging the grafts from packing so tightly.

He has suggested I go with 60 grafts/cm2 at my hairline and then if I'm not happy with the density, he can add more later. But he says he is confident that will be adequate.

For reference, each graft tends to have an average of 2.4 hairs in it.

I will probably stick with his recommendation since he is a leading expert with a good track record of great results.

If you are considering this, make sure you are stable on an adequate dose of finasteride or dutasteride for at least 9 months before the procedure.

Scar Tissue

Slayer
modified said:
Yes. Of course it's legit. I plan on getting this done myself. There are plenty of good FUE surgeons with fantastic results. My surgeon said he doesn't like going higher than around 60 grafts/cm2 at the hairline solely because any higher is a waste of hair. You only have so much donor hair, so he doesn't like to use it unnecessarily. I am also paying per graft, so he says it's a waste of my money to go higher. He says you can easily transplant up to 70 grafts/cm2 or more at the hairline if you really want the density though. Once you hit around 90 grafts/cm2 you risk damaging the grafts from packing so tightly.

He has suggested I go with 60 grafts/cm2 at my hairline and then if I'm not happy with the density, he can add more later. But he says he is confident that will be adequate.

For reference, each graft tends to have an average of 2.4 hairs in it.

I will probably stick with his recommendation since he is a leading expert with a good track record of great results.

If you are considering this, make sure you are stable on an adequate dose of finasteride or dutasteride for at least 9 months before the procedure.
Why do I need to take fin preop. My hairline hasn't moved in years. Also what Ht surgeon are you going to. I am going to Feriduni.

modified

hairloss expert
Scar Tissue said:
Why do I need to take fin preop. My hairline hasn't moved in years. Also what Ht surgeon are you going to. I am going to Feriduni.
I assumed you're losing your hair. If you're not then you don't need to take it. I started with a terrible hairline (enormous forehead) and that issue has been compounded by temple recession. Fortunately dutasteride has stopped the loss or so it seems. I was losing slowly, so it's hard to be 100% sure. But I think it seems to be working.

I'm going to Rahal.

What's wrong with your hairline why you need an HT if you're not balding?

Scar Tissue

Slayer
I was born with a high hairline and was NW 2 since birth. It matured when I was like 16 and looks like nw3. Its happened to everyone in my family. I am very confident in knowing where my loss will stabilize and should I be wrong (unlikely) I would not be opposed to future transplants.

What I see in pictures is this roughness to the hairline. It doesnt look 100% natural. Do you know what I mean. And obviously these are the optimal results that I am viewing.

modified

hairloss expert
Scar Tissue said:
I was born with a high hairline and was NW 2 since birth. It matured when I was like 16 and looks like nw3. Its happened to everyone in my family. I am very confident in knowing where my loss will stabilize and should I be wrong (unlikely) I would not be opposed to future transplants.

What I see in pictures is this roughness to the hairline. It doesnt look 100% natural. Do you know what I mean. And obviously these are the optimal results that I am viewing.
You are over analyzing.

Here is a hairline from my surgeon. No one would ever think this looks unnatural.

Make sure your surgeon is proficient in the lateral slit technique. As long as they do a good job, it will look fine.

Scar Tissue

Slayer
That's actually the best result ive seen from rahal. You're right I am just paranoid.