• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

anyone with bodybuilding expertise rate todays meal plan i had for cutting purposes

a_nimbus

Banned
Joined
Jul 1, 2016
Messages
2,906
Reputation
3
breakfast
beans and rice and broccoli

snack
dark chocolate 85% 4 squares

post workout meal
two salmon filets and broccoli

late snack
large glass of skim milk and a protein bar
 
Joined
Nov 13, 2015
Messages
2,559
Reputation
3


 

Legit Theory

Hello
Joined
Dec 4, 2015
Messages
11,662
Reputation
5,817
It all depends on the macros and total calories. Ideally these are some clean cut foods that offer good nutrition for lower density, but the total amount is the most important thing you should consider.

I would say though, only 2 servings of protein is pretty bad for a guy your size (again depending on how much salmon it was )

I would add some meat into your breakfast and make sure the chocolate is lean and not high in fats (Fats are very calorie dense)
 
  • Thread starter
  • Banned
  • #5

a_nimbus

Banned
Joined
Jul 1, 2016
Messages
2,906
Reputation
3
subhumans dont even realize that above is 100 grams of protein minimum
 
Joined
Jun 30, 2015
Messages
2,135
Reputation
4
a_nimbus said:
breakfast
beans and rice and broccoli

snack
dark chocolate 85% 4 squares

post workout meal
two salmon filets and broccoli

late snack
large glass of skim milk and a protein bar

Every meal you consume needs to have protein in it.

Your first meal should include fish, chicken, steak, or eggs.

Your snack is not a real meal. You'll get some antioxidants from dark chocolate, but that's it.

Salmon and broccoli is fine.

Skim milk is ok, but it's not enough for a meal. And I have no idea what's in that protein bar. It could have tons of unnecessary sugar and carbohydrates.

You need a proper diet plan, and this is not a proper diet for building or maintaining lean muscle tissue (cutting or not). :macho:
 
  • Thread starter
  • Banned
  • #7

a_nimbus

Banned
Joined
Jul 1, 2016
Messages
2,906
Reputation
3
Sacrificial Lamb said:
a_nimbus said:
breakfast
beans and rice and broccoli

snack
dark chocolate 85% 4 squares

post workout meal
two salmon filets and broccoli

late snack
large glass of skim milk and a protein bar

Every meal you consume needs to have protein in it.

Your first meal should include fish, chicken, steak, or eggs.

Your snack is not a real meal. You'll get some antioxidants from dark chocolate, but that's it.

Salmon and broccoli is fine.

Skim milk is ok, but it's not enough for a meal. And I have no idea what's in that protein bar. It could have tons of unnecessary sugar and carbohydrates.

You need a proper diet plan, and this is not a proper diet for building or maintaining lean muscle tissue (cutting or not). :macho:

:facepalm:
 

Legit Theory

Hello
Joined
Dec 4, 2015
Messages
11,662
Reputation
5,817
a_nimbus said:
subhumans dont even realize that above is 100 grams of protein minimum

If you're cutting, 100g protein is completely fine, given you are around 170 @5'9" or so. A good rule is 0.5-7.5 or 0.66 grams of protein per pound. that is how i coach my clients.

Don't listen to the fuck telling you that you have to eat protein with every meal.

100g is completely fine for cutting weight and for building muscle if you're on the smaller side (<160lbs)
 
Joined
Jun 30, 2015
Messages
2,135
Reputation
4
a_nimbus said:
Sacrificial Lamb said:
Every meal you consume needs to have protein in it.

Your first meal should include fish, chicken, steak, or eggs.

Your snack is not a real meal. You'll get some antioxidants from dark chocolate, but that's it.

Salmon and broccoli is fine.

Skim milk is ok, but it's not enough for a meal. And I have no idea what's in that protein bar. It could have tons of unnecessary sugar and carbohydrates.

You need a proper diet plan, and this is not a proper diet for building or maintaining lean muscle tissue (cutting or not). :macho:

:facepalm:

What is your objection with my post?

If I remember correctly, you and I are the same height (5' 9").....and yet I have a MUCH higher degree of muscle tissue than you.

I assure you that I am not just pulling this shit out of my ass.

And if you want to cut, then you should have a SMALL meal every two or three hours that you're awake. If you could manage 5 or 6 SMALL protein-rich meals per day, that would be golden.

Would you like me to provide you with examples of multiple sources of protein? I can do that, if you need it. :popcorn:
 

a_nimbus

Banned
Joined
Jul 1, 2016
Messages
2,906
Reputation
3
Sacrificial Lamb said:
a_nimbus said:

What is your objection with my post?

If I remember correctly, you and I are the same height (5' 9").....and yet I have a MUCH higher degree of muscle tissue than you.

I assure you that I am not just pulling this shit out of my ass.

And if you want to cut, then you should have a SMALL meal every two or three hours that you're awake. If you could manage 5 or 6 SMALL protein-rich meals per day, that would be golden.

Would you like me to provide you with examples of multiple sources of protein? I can do that, if you need it. :popcorn:

:bye:
 
Joined
Jun 30, 2015
Messages
2,135
Reputation
4
Legit Theory said:
a_nimbus said:
subhumans dont even realize that above is 100 grams of protein minimum

If you're cutting, 100g protein is completely fine, given you are around 170 @5'9" or so.  A good rule is 0.5-7.5 or 0.66 grams of protein per pound.  that is how i coach my clients.

Don't listen to the fuck telling you that you have to eat protein with every meal.

100g is completely fine for cutting weight and for building muscle if you're on the smaller side (<160lbs)

What do your clients look like?

Are they ripped? Do they have lots of lean muscle tissue?

If I were him, I'd have fish, or steak, or eggs, or chicken breast....and have it with vegetables (and occasionally fruit).

If animus is cutting, then these meals should be small.


a_nimbus said:
Sacrificial Lamb said:
What is your objection with my post?

If I remember correctly, you and I are the same height (5' 9").....and yet I have a MUCH higher degree of muscle tissue than you.

I assure you that I am not just pulling this shit out of my ass.

And if you want to cut, then you should have a SMALL meal every two or three hours that you're awake. If you could manage 5 or 6 SMALL protein-rich meals per day, that would be golden.

Would you like me to provide you with examples of multiple sources of protein? I can do that, if you need it. :popcorn:

:bye:

Why ask for advice if you don't want advice?

 :what:
 
Top