Anyone else addicted to Energy Drinks?

JustTheWayYouAre

King of Chads
Yes, but I hate the taste of Monster and Red Bull.

I prefer the local brands called "Big Shock!" and "Semtex".

alien

Chad
Rotters
A can a day?! Dude, that's an expensive habit.

@"Inadequate Penis"
Do you buy the cans at a bulk discount or do you buy single cans? Where are you? I would be interested to know of a good place I can buy energy drinks at bulk discount in the Greater Toronto Area in Canada. Or an online shop in Canada (or one that ships to Canada for a reasonable price). I hate having to pay fucking $3+ CAN for an energy drink at the convenience store or grocery store. It's like fucking $3.50 at the drug store. lol.

My favourites are:
Monster Java (anything. this is their coffee-flavoured energy drink line)
Rockstar Roasted (anything. coffee-flavoured energy drink line)
Rockstar Punched (fruit punch)

And if we're going to include alcoholic beverage energy drinks
Rockstar + Vodka (there's not much caffeine in these because of the Four Loko controversy. Back when they used to put caffeine and stimulants in Four Loko)
Rev (caffeinated alcoholic beverage. Though they might have cut back on the caffeine and stimulants lately)
And my favourite Jack n Coke (Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey with Coca Cola. There's not a lot of caffeine in Coke. 50 mg in a can. But in bars they serve it to you in a small glass. So it's probably more like 30 mg)

Unfortunately I never tried Four Loko back when they put caffeine and stimulants in it. Since they never arrived in Canada. Canada only ever got the new blend without the stimulants. And our blend only has 8% Alcohol. In the US, Four Loko has 12%.

It's like 1,5 euros a can approx, cheaper brands are like 1 euro.
I don't buy bulk.

alien

Chad
Rotters
White God said:

my fav. I can't allow myself to drink full sugar drinks.
Does that energy drink contain artificial sweeteners? Like aspartame, sucralose, etc.? Apparently artificial sweeteners, despite the fact that they contain no to little calories, spike your blood sugar levels more than actual sugar.

Though I don't know if that's really bullshit. Artificial sweetener brands like Splenda (sucralose), Nutrisweet, Sweet n Low, etc. are typically marketed towards diabetics and seniors. If those sweeteners actually make diabetes worse, these corporations would have been sued by now. If a diabetic/senior took those sweeteners under the impression that these are safe alternatives to real sugar and their condition got worse, there would be a class action law suit.

Even when I look for the evidence now on the internet, the evidence is contradictory. So it's difficult to know who to believe.

All I know is that cutting actual sugar in my diet has led me to eat less (sugar might disrupt satiety signals in your brain?)