Any merits to using anti-depressants and psychotherapy?

alien

Chad
Rotters
In the last 3 months I've started to seriously contemplate whether I should start taking psychiatric drugs and go to therapy. Why am I so miserable with everything that I have and all this free time and yet everyone else is so seemingly happy with their shit life? The vast majority of people in the west, let alone the world, are slaves. Is it because I'm the one who sees life for what it is while the normals remain ignorant. Or is it really just that I lack dopamine and serotonin and I would feel lust for life again if my brain chemistry was brought to normal?

imo therapy is blue pilled but drugs can be effective. you got to find what works for you though

sparta

Cuck
op has aspergers. there's no treatment. life as an autist is shit. deal with it.

Will copypasta my answer from a different thread:

======================================

Escitalopram raises serotonin receptors for good so if you had any sort of trouble with it it's gonna get fixed. But you need to take it for 1 year at least. If you get sweaty palms when random cars honk and you can't blame it on lack of sleep or too much coffee it's generally a sign of low serotonin. Not having enough receptors due to genetics can do the same as not being able to produce enough serotonin.

So does therapy help? In theory yes in practice no and there are 2 reasons for it:

1. Most therapists are like nerds locked up in the ivory tower lost in fake theoretical knowledge, they have no experience how to handle people let alone their own emotions so they will tell you stuff that seem nice and harmless, go to the gym, pray to god, find hobbies, be more confident, etc. Just ask them about their own fucking life. If you check the stats they are the worst parents, have the highest rates for suicide, obesity through bulimia, drug abuse, divorce rates, so it's like asking a loser how to live your life, I haven't seen a rich person ever ask a beggar on the street for investment advice, should you chose to go to a therapist you are going to get exactly that. The more mentally sane shrinks will just milk you for money like a hooker, they will tell you nice things and get you emotionally addicted to them then when you are a bit angrier you'll get pills, and of course they make money on that too.

2. Conventional psychology and common beliefs are just plain fucking wrong about this thing. Why?

You are told this

beliefs ---> feelings ---> actions

If that was true:
> talking about your bs in therapy would work, yet it doesn't
> hypnotherapy would work, yet it doesn't, 3 fucking years of daily hypnosis hasn't done shit for me
> self-help books about changing your mindset would work, yet they don't

Because irl it's like this

actions ---> feelings ---> thoughts ---> beliefs

Your thoughts/perspective is the symptom and not the source of your problems. Your daily routine, your environment has a large effect on you. Let's give you an example, I know somebody who was lazy then he changed residence ended up in a different town and neighborhood where jogging was trendy and this person miraculously changed his beliefs around exercise without any special help.

This is all that there is to life, figure out what habits make you retarded and change them.

Weaselface

Coper
I've been on SSRIs for about two months now, but I don't feel any different. A look in the mirror still ruins my day.

I understand that it might take longer for things to change, but I've begun to doubt. At this point I'm staking all my happiness on surgery and general looksmaxing (for what but my face is the reason?), despite not having the means for the moves that'd actually matter anytime soon.

Weaselface said:
I've been on SSRIs for about two months now, but I don't feel any different. A look in the mirror still ruins my day.

I understand that it might take longer for things to change, but I've begun to doubt. At this point I'm staking all my happiness on surgery and general looksmaxing (for what but my face is the reason?), despite not having the means for the moves that'd actually matter anytime soon.
Do you hallucinate that the neighbours are working for the government and are plotting against you? No?! You don't need pills just a different environment with mentally sane women.

Weaselface

Coper
slayer of forums said:
Do you hallucinate that the neighbours are working for the government and are plotting against you? No?! You don't need pills just a different environment with mentally sane women.
I've been so depressed that I've either had to lock myself inside for weeks or go into public toilets to drool and wail. Others in my family take meds and I don't know if that's because we all share subhuman traits that inevitably makes us depressed or whether our brains alone are faulty. Chicken or egg?

I don't really care about women (cope?). I want to be a full-fledged human and the only remedy would be a Lefort, BSSO, Genio and HT.

Weaselface said:
slayer of forums said:
I've been so depressed that I've either had to lock myself inside for weeks or go into public toilets to drool and wail. Others in my family take meds and I don't know if that's because we all share subhuman traits that inevitably makes us depressed or whether our brains alone are faulty. Chicken or egg?

I don't really care about women (cope?). I want to be a full-fledged human and the only remedy would be a Lefort, BSSO, Genio and HT.
people in your family are fucked in the head and they raised you like a retard, first step is to leave them behind and associate with mentally sane individuals

sparta

Cuck
slayer of forums said:
If you check the stats they are the worst parents, have the highest rates for suicide, obesity through bulimia, drug abuse, divorce rates, so it's like asking a loser how to live your life,
You need to link your sources. I doubt your statements.

the mole

Tony Simpinero
HQNP
do you like getting high off prescription drugs

then go for it