Americans have the fewest vacation days in the developed world

Severe Aspie

Slayer
http://bigthink.com/praxis/why-do-americans-have-less-vacation-than-anyone-else

Most Americans only get two weeks off right now. But many don't even take the full two weeks out of fear of losing their jobs. One in four gets no paid vacation at all, not even holidays. Overall, Americans have less vacation time than workers in any other advanced economy.
How do you cope with it?

My cousin who lives in Florida has only 2 weeks off a year MAX.

In Europe you get 3 times the amount of vacation

6 weeks - 30 days is the standard in Germany. + and when you are sick it doesnt count as "vacation" . So 10 days on top of that 30 days on average.depending on how often you are sick...there is no limit where employers dont pay you anymore like there is in the US.and oh forgot to mention bank holidays you get on top :giggle:

how do especially aspies on here cope with  living in the US.

I know aspies have often trouble getting tired quickly and need much more rest due to sensory overload :giggle:

The US most be legit hell for Non NTs..

Severe Aspie

Slayer
There is actually a law in Germany, that your employer has to garantuee you AS MINIMUM 24 days vacation a year.

lms_rotten_zombie

Lookism God
Oldcels
USAcels my condolences , everyone knows this lmao 

Life in a nutshell;

make money in europe 
spend this money in cali

Anakind

King of Chads
Severe Aspie said:
6 weeks - 30 days is the standard in Germany. + and when you are sick it doesnt count as "vacation" in Germany. So 10 days on top of that 30 days on average.depending on how often you are sick...there is no limit where employers dont pay you anymore like there is in the US.and forgot to mention bank holidays :giggle:
It's getting bad in Germany too though. Many people are afraid of missing a day at work over sickness as they might loose their job. It's all about supply and demand. Redundant people have no leverage in the labor market.

Severe Aspie

Slayer
lms_rotten_zombie said:

Life in a nutshell;

make money in europe 
spend this money in cali
America has all these awesome landscapes, the best amusement parks, probably the best nightlife scene(L.A. California)
all these thiings you COULD discover in your freetime. if americans ONLY had the freetime for it :giggle:

you probably see more of the US when living and working in Europe, and only coming to the States for vacation.
. then the average american worker :giggle:

In America lives after University :giggle:

springfield

Banned
lms_rotten_zombie said:

Life in a nutshell;

make money in europe 
spend this money in cali
the euro is going to collapse boyo

Severe Aspie

Slayer
Anakind said:
Severe Aspie said:
6 weeks - 30 days is the standard in Germany. + and when you are sick it doesnt count as "vacation" in Germany. So 10 days on top of that 30 days on average.depending on how often you are sick...there is no limit where employers dont pay you anymore like there is in the US.and forgot to mention bank holidays :giggle:
It's getting bad in Germany too though. Many people are afraid of missing a day at work over sickness as they might loose their job. It's all about supply and demand. Redundant people have no leverage in the labor market.

But even if IT is getting a bit worse in germany it will still be even close to the US level

In America you dont get paid after your 3rd day of sickness :giggle:

even somebody in Germany who doenst want to take too many days off because he worries loosing his job.. still has the 24 DAYS a year LEGAL MINIMUM..which is still double the amount you have in the US if you have a generous employer :lol:
America doesnt even HAVE a law to garantuee workers paid vacation.
[hr]
haha UScels we dont want to bash you.

We are just expressing our deepest condolesences.

It just hurts seeing other people getting tortured so much.

paulus

Banned
Anakind said:
Severe Aspie said:
This. Meanwhile op cheers when ethnics flooding germany. :cage:
[hr]
To topic: the health system is even more fucked op in the us

Brb selling house bc of Hospital bill

lms_rotten_zombie

Lookism God
Oldcels
springfield said:
lms_rotten_zombie said:

Life in a nutshell;

make money in europe 
spend this money in cali
the euro is going to collapse boyo
Did I say anything about euro ? ;) 

Although euro is still highly unlikely to collapse.

Severe Aspie

Slayer
paulus said:
Anakind said:
This. Meanwhile op cheers when ethnics flooding germany. :cage:
[hr]
To topic: the health system is even more fucked op in the us

Brb selling house bc of Hospital bill
Did I ever cheer ethnics flooding to Germany ?  no. Never.

ethnik refugees from war countries with no education  coming to Germany to use  the german welfare system ≠  genetically superior White German Übermensch tourists coming  to the US for a short vacation, and leaving their money in your country and creating nothing but jobs in the hospitality and aviation industry

To topic: damn in america if you win, you win higher then anywhere else in the western world
if you fall down, you can fall reely deep down.
this is especially moch more relevant for us.

my respect to all american incels who have a stable job despite all the mentall problems etc.

RealRob

Staff member
Masculinity Crew
In norway you usually work 37 hours a week. 6 weeks vacation minimum, and tons and tons of "illness days" where you still get 100% pay.

Severe Aspie

Slayer
RealRob said:
In norway you usually work 37 hours a week. 6 weeks vacation minimum, and tons and tons of "illness days" where you still get 100% pay.
holyfuck only 37 hours a week

and plus you have dozens of nordic blonde godessness

paulus

Banned
RealRob said:
Brb moving to norway tbh

marty

Slayer
Just used to it.  At my job they don't even make overtime mandatory, you have to sign up for it and it is usually filled within 24 hours of posting it.

RealRob

Staff member
Masculinity Crew
Severe Aspie said:
RealRob said:

Yes. The usual theme is 8 hours mon-thursday, then friday you work 5 hours, but usually you go home by lunch. Blonde bitches everywhere, super hot too.

The bosses at the companies in norway are usually very relaxed, you can come late 10-20 minutes in the morning and they dont give a fuck, tell them you were out partying last night and they just laugh.

Severe Aspie

Slayer
RealRob said:
Severe Aspie said:

Yes. The usual theme is 8 hours mon-thursday, then friday you work 5 hours, but usually you go home by lunch. Blonde bitches everywhere, super hot too.

The bosses at the companies in norway are usually very relaxed, you can come late 10-20 minutes in the morning and they dont give a fuck, tell them you were out partying last night and they just laugh.
But the big disadvantage is that norway is cold.. weather is probably shit.

i am from germany.. its the same though.

in the us you have the disadvantage that you have places like california and florida where its never getting cold.. and you might niot need holiday.. when all your sourroundings is like a holiday place.

I wouldnt want to move to Norway just for the fact that growing up in Germany was enough for me.
no need for another country with bad weather.

i need a western country with the western infrastructure,but at the same time with a weather what usually only third world countries have.

maybe its just my nature as i am half german(white) and half black african nigga :giggle:

sry i ma drunk as fuck now lool im am right now on vacation in florida us.. going to slay some bitches see ya then

Dirty Blond

Slayer
I have never been on vacation—as an adult—ever (not counting NEET spells). Don't even have a passport. But that's gonna change. Stay tuned, incels.

If you are working in the public service you get one month off.But when you work for the capitalist maybe you wont get anything except sundays.

debijon

Normie
WOrking in America is heaven compared to Asain developed countries (Japan, Skorea, parts of China...)

Their entire culture is embedded in 'study study study, work work work OR ELSE' since childhood,
Having a 9-5 where you can actually get off at 5pm is considered a privilage there.