INTEL and NVIDIA are for rich slayers

IcedEarth

Slayer
Arjen Robery said:
AMD sucks, it's a brand for poor incels

AMD and NVIDIA are for rich slayers
you meant INTEL with NVIDIA

that's what I got now on the table, I'm curious about the alternative

I ran an entire network on AMD's (server side and client side), phasing out Intels, without any performance issues or hardware fault issues because of COST.

Anyone who says that one is better than the other is fanboying.

IcedEarth

Slayer
Potatofaceofdeath said:
I ran an entire network on AMD's (server side and client side), phasing out Intels, without any performance issues or hardware fault issues because of COST.

I was planning to run linux on it so I got another question answered as well, thanks

IcedEarth said:
Potatofaceofdeath said:

I was planning to run linux on it so I got another question answered as well, thanks
You should consider running them on VMware, to get the most bang for your buck.

http://www.vmware.com/my_maintenance.html

Intel and nvidia if you want the the best performance
but it will cost you
for price/performance amd is still better
depends on what you want and need?

I would always go nvidia/ intel combo
becausen they are the majority

You need a gaming pc orwhat?
[hr]
Nvidia/intel dominates the high end market
that should be a good indicator of what is the best

https://communities.vmware.com/message/2336897

[font=proxima-nova, Arial, sans-serif]Have been searching for real world comparisons between AMD and Intel processors in a VMware environment.  I am currently running AMD opterons and have a chance to upgrade server hardware and I am considering Intel.   I assume Intel would perform better (and from what I have found this is true), but I am curious what everyone's own observations have been if you have run both AMD and Intel.[/font]
[font=proxima-nova, Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=proxima-nova, Arial, sans-serif]Any resources that show real world performance comparisons?  Which would you go with?[/font]

[font=proxima-nova, Arial, sans-serif][font=proxima-nova, Arial, sans-serif]I have seen both the Environments with Intel and AMD, But did not find much of a difference in performance seems they are almost same. But Intel does have a little bit ( very little ) edge over when it comes to performance.[/font]
[/font]

[font=proxima-nova, Arial, sans-serif][font=proxima-nova, Arial, sans-serif]check this blog from Eric[font=proxima-nova, Arial, sans-serif]http://searchservervirtualization.techtarget.com/tip/Selecting-CPU-processors-and-memory-for-virtualized-environments[/font][/font][/font]

BIGGERNIGGER said:
Potatofaceofdeath said:
https://communities.vmware.com/message/2336897

[font=proxima-nova, Arial, sans-serif]Have been searching for real world comparisons between AMD and Intel processors in a VMware environment.  I am currently running AMD opterons and have a chance to upgrade server hardware and I am considering Intel.   I assume Intel would perform better (and from what I have found this is true), but I am curious what everyone's own observations have been if you have run both AMD and Intel.[/font]
[font=proxima-nova, Arial, sans-serif]Any resources that show real world performance comparisons?  Which would you go with?[/font]

[font=proxima-nova, Arial, sans-serif][font=proxima-nova, Arial, sans-serif]I have seen both the Environments with Intel and AMD, But did not find much of a difference in performance seems they are almost same. But Intel does have a little bit ( very little ) edge over when it comes to performance.[/font]
[/font]

[font=proxima-nova, Arial, sans-serif][font=proxima-nova, Arial, sans-serif]check this blog from Eric[font=proxima-nova, Arial, sans-serif]http://searchservervirtualization.techtarget.com/tip/Selecting-CPU-processors-and-memory-for-virtualized-environments[/font][/font][/font]
Intel preforms way better in gaming
Yeah i5's overclocked are great at around 250

IcedEarth

Slayer
mrz said:
Intel obviously has a higher peak, but it's expensive as fuck to reach it. The main competition between AMD and Intel is the number of special flags on a processor of a give price range. Intel really tends to split their processors up by single special features, to get all of the special features (which are called flags typically) you need to pay $1,000 or more for one of the extreme editions. AMD has the advantage of tending to include all of the flags on all processors. So for example, with intel, you need to decide between if you want the ability to overclock the processor or the ability to do advanced things with virtualization, if you want both of those features you need to pay out the ass for an extreme edition. With AMD, the performance of the processor isn't going to be as good as it is with intel for most use cases, but you can overclock and use advanced virtualization features with the lower price point processor.

AMD also competes on price in general, and for multithreaded applications, but intel really blows them out of the water in terms of overall quality.
so whonix on overclocked AMD would be a good idea?

mrz said:
BIGGERNIGGER said:
3570k at 4.4 ghz bruh
Which is cool, but it doesn't support advanced virtualization features that the equivalent AMD processor does. Because k version processors have overclocking as their special feature, and intel gives each processor (other than extreme editions) only one special feature, whereas AMD gives all of their processors all of them.
You dont need those features for gaming
but i get what youre saying

IcedEarth

Slayer
mrz said:
Newest Intel processors have a cool flag SGX that has crypto enclaves, special registers for holding encryption keys in (amongst other things, I'm not very familiar with it TBH). I think overall Intel is definitely superior to AMD. You really need to think of what your goal is though, and how much money you have to spend on it. You can be secure with AMD or Intel.
I'll stay with intel in that case

IcedEarth

Slayer
mrz said:
You should really read up on it more if it sounds interesting to you, I really know next to nothing about it, it's just a cool flag from Intel that I've heard people in the hacking scene discussing some years ago now (so I imagine it is out by now, though again I'm not sure of that).
will do, thanks