A facial attractiveness researcher did an AMA on Reddit, GTFIH

lookz

Chad

Honestly this guy writes just like a lookism user tbh. VERY interesting to read all his replies and to read a reddit thread that basically reads as a lookism thread.

-He's had a nose job
-He is unhappy about his face (redpilled)
-Read many things I've already read on lookism before
-Uses all the terms like negative cantal tilt etc.

The most interesting thing that I've read is that total attractiveness is based for 30% to 40% on personal preference. This explains why there are many "games" like height game status game etc and why women prefer very different faces, midface, twinky, masculine, etc.

Another interesting thing is that research found that women will have less desire for masculine men if they are insecure about their body.

lookz

Chad
Another interesting thing, women don't seem to have a preference for smiling men when looking at pictures.

heilsa

Slayer
lookz said:
Another interesting thing, women don't seem to have a preference for smiling men when looking at pictures.
http://lookism.net/showthread.php?tid=8011
[hr]
I can elaborate on what you brought up or clear it up a little. When women are ovulating, they like the masculine male faced men. When they are on birth control, the preference is wiped out (since having a period on birth control is not a result of ovulation, which some readers might not realize - TBH as a guy I had no idea how it all worked when i was younger). Also, when they are not ovulating, they like the less masculine faces more. People have theorized that the "mate strategy" of a women is to marry a "neutral faced" provider and then have sex with the masculine pool boy or repairman when she's ovulating. Masculine faced guys have better immune systems, but they are more aggressive and less faithful - so they are not great long term partners. The significance of this (since the 60s with so many women on birth control) may have altered our entire species in a direction that it previously was not headed in. Making the above comments that I did is seen as controversial, but it's just a theory put out there by evolutionary psychologists.
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v399/n6738/abs/399741a0.html
ETA Just to clarify this: There are no absolutes here. Women on the pill still have sex w/ masculine faced men all the time. It's just a subtle shift in preference that happens to some women from a large sample in a research study that was statistically significant. This doesn't mean ALL women on the pill flee from manly men. The pill is not a light switch that sends all women fleeing from these types of men. It has a subtle, measurable effect...not an absolute inescapable one.
Also, re: "hormonal BC mimics pregnancy" - it's not actually the case. To the extent that it mimics any endogenous process, it mimics the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle -- the feedback loop that leads to ovulation begins when progesterone levels fall at the end of the luteal phase, and hormonal BC sustains high levels of an artificial progesterone analog, preventing the sequence of events that leads to ovulation. But BC pills these days act through a LOT of other mechanisms, altering cervical mucus and preventing implantation -- so it really has nothing in common with pregnancy.
Women with very high image self esteem (i.e., they think they are hot) also like manly men - pill or not.
common knowledge here but nevertheless interesting stuff

lookz

Chad
According to him, maxilofacial surgery is the surgery that can have the most effect on one's attractiveness.

Franktank

Normie
Victory said:
A 'researcher' appears to know as much as the average member on here.
Hes probably just like us but was probably turned away from the site or never found the site

AdolfHitler

Noel Ignatiev
lookz said:
Another interesting thing is that research found that women will have less desire for masculine men if they are insecure about their body.
Source?

lookz

Chad
AdolfHitler said:
lookz said:
Source?