• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

95% of bodybuilding advice is just CRAP

El Jefe

Rope if sub 7 psl, sub 7 inches
Its all crap, no he did not. I suggest you check out Gregs older videos, clearly bulked up and "fat", he built his muscle by doing heavy bulking.

You will NOT get huge or gain any noticeable amount of muscle in a deficit, u wont. There are no huge guys out there who didnt get like that without a great calorie surplus.

Also, basically every fucking BB coach out there talk shit about Greg regarding this.

I often listen to Fouad Abiads podcast and he frequently talk about this with other pros.

He says here you dont need a surplus unless you are strongman or power lifting and want fat or have roids. And if you do a surplus a small one is all that is needed around 100 calorie surplus

He advocates below small deficits of 100 or 200 max

PizzaBrah

Regular
mostly true but clean eating or at least hitting micros and avoiding shit like sugar is ideal for skin and longevity maxxing

Honorary Manlet

Regular
HQNP
mostly true but clean eating or at least hitting micros and avoiding shit like sugar is ideal for skin and longevity maxxing
This is the main reason I'm never going to dirty bulk, as my main goal is not becoming gigantic. It's to maximize looks, which also includes things like skin collagen.

An easy way to ruin it within years would be to dirty bulk and just eat everything.

Not denying it will work for building huge mass while on steroids (as long as protein intake is very high too), because it surely will.

RealRob

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
He says here you dont need a surplus unless you are strongman or power lifting and want fat or have roids. And if you do a surplus a small one is all that is needed around 100 calorie surplus

He advocates below small deficits of 100 or 200 max

I know his stance, he is wrong and 99.99% of pro bbs and coaches agree he is wrong.

He built his body by bulking and blasting tons of gear.

Honorary Manlet

Regular
HQNP
I know his stance, he is wrong and 99.99% of pro bbs and coaches agree he is wrong.

He built his body by bulking and blasting tons of gear.
Are all of those YT builders just frauds then?

They advocate all sorts of routines, prot/carb ratios, how much of a surplus you should be in daily etc., but they never mention they used steroids.

To me, that's leaving out a huge essential part out (of why their physics are what they are).

Just wondering if he could have gotten to that point natty.

Then again, they don't want to sabotage their YouTube money so I understand why they "lie" by emitting this little fact.

PizzaBrah

Regular
This is the main reason I'm never going to dirty bulk, as my main goal is not becoming gigantic. It's to maximize looks, which also includes things like skin collagen.

An easy way to ruin it within years would be to dirty bulk and just eat everything.

Not denying it will work for building huge mass while on steroids (as long as protein intake is very high too), because it surely will.
and you can still get a ton of calories in fairly clean if you just have a few shakes with the right stuff in (oats, honey, PB, whey, fruit, milk, yoghurt etc) on top of clean meals

YURI BOYKA

UNVAXXED + UNCUT DICK + RAW MEAT EATER
Masculinity Crew
eat shit tons of raw meat and dairy

bajskovren

Regular
Tbh eating a shitton of sugar will fuck up ur insulin feedback

@RealRob

Do you think it's the drugs that allows pro bodybuilders to grow so well off high volume pump training? Or that their genetics are so fucking good, they can gain muscle off any style of training, even if it sucks.

You've got pros like Jordan Peters, Iain Vailliere, and James Hollingshead who lift heavy as fuck, and strive to get stronger as their training philosophy, but the vast majority of pros lift light as fuck and chase volume. For myself, I never got shit out of volume training as a natty. But when I do just 6 sets/bodypart/week, and lift as heavy as possible in the 5-8 rep range, my strength shoots up much faster, and my muscles are visibly fuller/bigger.

brocode

DON
Masculinity Crew
and you can still get a ton of calories in fairly clean if you just have a few shakes with the right stuff in (oats, honey, PB, whey, fruit, milk, yoghurt etc) on top of clean meals
lol at eating gluten when u want to skinmaxx bro (oats, whey)

if u seriously wanna skinmaxx cut gluten for 6 weeks and report back

our bodies are made to consume huge amounts of protein and fat and a little amount of carbs and dairy, and the carbs im talking here are from fruits not grains

RealRob

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Are all of those YT builders just frauds then?

They advocate all sorts of routines, prot/carb ratios, how much of a surplus you should be in daily etc., but they never mention they used steroids.

To me, that's leaving out a huge essential part out (of why their physics are what they are).

Just wondering if he could have gotten to that point natty.

Then again, they don't want to sabotage their YouTube money so I understand why they "lie" by emitting this little fact.

99% are frauds.

Inject, eat tons of food, tons of protein, get stronger. Done.

Ab0M1N4T10n

brutality of reality
Slayers
Its all crap, no he did not. I suggest you check out Gregs older videos, clearly bulked up and "fat", he built his muscle by doing heavy bulking.
ye me thinks thats what he means. if u is already fat as fck, u can build muscle by cutting cos u get the extra kcals from ur fat

RealRob

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@RealRob

Do you think it's the drugs that allows pro bodybuilders to grow so well off high volume pump training? Or that their genetics are so fucking good, they can gain muscle off any style of training, even if it sucks.

You've got pros like Jordan Peters, Iain Vailliere, and James Hollingshead who lift heavy as fuck, and strive to get stronger as their training philosophy, but the vast majority of pros lift light as fuck and chase volume. For myself, I never got shit out of volume training as a natty. But when I do just 6 sets/bodypart/week, and lift as heavy as possible in the 5-8 rep range, my strength shoots up much faster, and my muscles are visibly fuller/bigger.

Yes. On gear, u can grow great with "volume pump training" for sure.

Natty, no, u need to get stronger, that is the fastest most effective way. Most studies demonstrate this.

Ive done pump training on gear. What Ive noticed is:

I do get bigger, but when I go down to cruise, its like most of the gains just .. well, dissapear. Its like 99% water lmfao.

But If i focus on getting stronger on gear, then go down on cruise, and make sure to keep that fucking streight, I keep my size.

I just think its better overall to focus on strenght within 6-12 rep range. Well do 30 if u fucking want, as long as u very close to failure, but thats annoying.

Dont fall for the "the more sets the better" BS going around now. 10-20 sets a week is good. Then get stronger. Fuck pump training.

RealRob

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
ye me thinks thats what he means. if u is already fat as fck, u can build muscle by cutting cos u get the extra kcals from ur fat

U know ive heard about that recently, are there new studies demonstrating this or what? Because ppl didnt say that shit even 5 years ago, whats new? Ive never heard that shit lol

ULLORD112

CHINA CHINA CHINA
Shitposters
tyler1 is like that, he's big as fuck, playing league 13h a day minimum eat pizza burger and french fries on stream yet mog 99% of current streamer

Ab0M1N4T10n

brutality of reality
Slayers
U know ive heard about that recently, are there new studies demonstrating this or what? Because ppl didnt say that shit even 5 years ago, whats new? Ive never heard that shit lol
lol it only makes sense, y would u need study 4 something so common sense? there r probably some old school biology/training book that goes over it idk