5 stages of grief: a short male in his teens

B

BruceWayne

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I realized that I had been going through the classic 5-step process.[/font]

1. Denial. It's typically reinforced by lots of people telling you you won't be short, you'll hit a growth spurt eventually etc etc. Usually kicks in if you are around 15 and very short. It doesn't hurt until you realize you are running out of time, leading to
  2. Anger. That's when you really realize that people don't just joke about it from time to time, they really mean how much they dislike you. You start to notice how people brush you off and don't really like having you around, and how women will make awful comments about your height. You see tall guys get plenty of attention, being class presidents and popular jocks and such. Combine that with general teenage angst and insecurity and you have some not so nice months.
  3. Bargaining. That's when you start to do all the little things that magazines and articles and scientists tell you will accelerate your growth. You sleep 10 hours a day, you sprint, you buy niacin(yup) and all the stuff to try and get an inch or two. A part of denial, I suppose, you hope and pray you will make it at all costs.
  4. Depression. You get this around 18, when you figure chances are extremely slim that you will grow taller. You sink into the fact that you are not very attractive, to both men and women, in terms of respect or dating women. You won't have many people approach you and you might not be very popular through college. At least, that's what's running through your mind.
  5. Acceptance. The reality is your life may or may not suck as much. I've not yet reached this, but I imagine it has something to do with realize it's not your fault. You don't have a problem that society is pointing out, society has a problem with the way it perceives your base worth. 

allindaeyes

Banned
just wow

i am legit opposite ( my family )

5'8 maybe 5'8.5 dad. 5'6 mum

strong 5'9 sister. 5'11.5 me in morning, growing still hopefully at 16

Reflex

Lookism God
allindaeyes said:
just wow

i am legit opposite ( my family )

5'8 maybe 5'8.5 dad. 5'6 mum

strong 5'9 sister. 5'11.5 me in morning, growing still hopefully at 16
lol you mother cucked your dad srs

Joncoping

Normie
springfield said:
what's with these 15-16 year old kids on this site?
It's really annoying. And they are really edgy always looking to argue and impose thinking it makes them come off as rebellious. Just block them