• Stop coping, and start posting. Register an account in order to gain full access to Lookism's features.

100k is the min pretax income for a decent life in low CoL city

incelsNeed2die said:

The lack of common sense is why so many people run up piles of consumer debts.
Once you do the math it's clear that 100k is peanut after factoring out different necessary expenses.

New Poster

Now on youtube
OP needs twice median HOUSEHOLD income to fund his ....  fuck it, I have no idea why.  These threads aren't even worth me coming up with a punchline.

New Poster said:
OP needs twice median HOUSEHOLD income to fund his ....  fuck it, I have no idea why.  These threads aren't even worth me coming up with a punchline.

I live very frugally with my 50k annual income right now (expect to reach 100k in 5 or 6 years), I have all of my basic needs met, but I really don't have that much extra for other stuff (keep in mind that I still drive my dad's old car so I am not even making car payments at this point).

I need to start building alternative incomes soon.

New Poster

Now on youtube
SpoiledMaleModel said:
New Poster said:
OP needs twice median HOUSEHOLD incom to fund his ....  fuck it, I have no idea why.  These threads aren't even worth me coming up with a punchline.

I live very frugally with my 50k annual income right now (expect to reach 100k in 5 or 6 years), I have all of my basic needs met, but I really don't have that much extra for other stuff (keep in mind that I still drive my dad's old car so I am not even making car payments at this point).

Yeah, bullshit.  Do the math.  You'd pull 36000 after tax in most places (particularly low COL cities).  Subtract a 900 a month for rent and $1000 a month for food and drink.  You're left with 13200.  You got utilities, car insurance, clothes, electronics, furniture.  You really going to go over 13200 per year for that.  Lol at "frugal."  And those are overestimates for food and rent in a low COL city.  I paid 750 for a nice one bedroom that had an extra study, great area close to campus, and that even had some utilities thrown in.

New Poster said:
SpoiledMaleModel said:

Yeah, bullshit.  Do the math.  You'd pull 36000 after tax in most places (particularly low COL cities).  Subtract a 900 a month for rent and $1000 a month for food and drink.  You're left with 13200.  You got utilities, car insurance, clothes, electronics, furniture.  You really going to go over 13200 per year for that.  Lol at "frugal."  And those are overestimates for food and rent in a low COL city.  I paid 750 for a nice one bedroom that had an extra study, great area close to campus, and that even had some utilities thrown in.

You got lucky with that academic housing, I pay 1110 a month for a one bedroom apartment halfway between my company and a major metro in the southeast, and I have to pay 300 a month in student loans because I was an idiot in high school, but other than those I don't spend that much money, I don't eat that much and I only have 3 pieces of regular clothes and 2 suits.

New Poster

Now on youtube
You don't live in a low cost of living city.  I pay 1100 now and I live in a wealthy area in Cali.  And did someone mention NYC? Fucking lol.  This thread should be retitled "I have to live in a trendy city with disposable income because I'm totally disconnected from how most Americans live."

Oh, and OP hails from Missouri.  So there's extra lols that this Ozarks trash thinks 50,000 is wipe-your-ass money.