07-25-2015, 02:24 AM
Let's face it getting old sucks, so what are you doing to slow it down? I'm 21 and want to maintain my youthful looks as long as possible. This is what I do:
- NO sweets, refined sugar or soft drinks, at all. Sugar is a huge pro-ager.
- Limited alcohol, red wine only because it's good for you in moderation
- Eat a reasonable balance of everything else, make sure I get enough fruits and veggies. I don't follow fad diets like gluten free and raw food vegan bullshit. Most centenarians eat a normal balanced diet.
- Drink a gallon of water a day
- 600mg fish oil everyday
- 2000 iu vitamin d3 everyday
- Cleanse morning and night with Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser
- Glycolic peel once a week
- Moisturize with Olay Complete SPF 15 every morning (sunscreen is extremely important for antiaging)
- Apply a vitamin C serum at night to promote collagen production and fight free radicals
- NARS Mineral Foundation
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
- Use drugs only SPARINGLY. Think of them as a reward for accomplishing something big.
- Go to the gym twice a week. I walk everywhere I can. Moderation is key when it comes to exercise. Too much exercise promotes oxidative stress (look at marathon runners and how old they look) so I try not to over do it. Most centenarians aren't especially fanatic about fitness either.
- LOW STRESS. I try not to stress out about trivial bullshit. Stressing will only age you quicker. Also don't procrastinate because that will cause stress to accumulate over time.